Obtaining Chiliean nationality

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

soyena

Obtaining Chiliean nationality

Post by soyena » Thu May 02, 2019 3:26 pm

Am wondering if anyone tried something similar.
I came in Chile using my Taiwanese passport, it's been almost 10 yes and I haven't been able to save up enough to go back home :(

Now I would like to apply for Chilians nationality. I am not able to go back to Taiwan to obtain my certificado de antecedents which I can't get it through the embassy but the only way is to go back and apply in person. So, I was thinking... Since I also hold Paraguayan citizenship, could I use their certificate instead? Even though I entered Chile with Taiwanese passport.... Any idea?

at46

Re: Obtaining Chiliean nationality

Post by at46 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:32 pm

I know there's a trámite for changing the original nationality you used to apply for permanencia if you have several passports. Don't know anything else about it though.

soyena

Post by soyena » Mon May 06, 2019 10:38 pm

Thanks, I will call and ask I think, now that I know such tramite exists

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue May 07, 2019 10:58 am

Check the newly revamped site, I believe they are moving all such applications online or at least online forms.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat