Has something changed recently with Amazon?

General topics related to Living in Chile
41southchile

Has something changed recently with Amazon?

Post by 41southchile » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:41 pm

I started buying things off Amazon last year and generally had no problems, apart from a few delays, but everything made it eventually.
Now virtually everything I search for it says this item does not ship to Llanquihue, Chile , even items I had in my watchlist now say they will not deliver where as previously they did. Is it because I use a PO Box or have they just given up shipping to Chile ? Anyone else had any issues ?
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

admin
Site Admin

Re: Has something changed recently with Amazon?

Post by admin » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Check your settings. It default now detects the country you are connecting from. There is a button that let's you select the country you are shipping to, for example a box in miami, and then will let you see everything that is for sale. this was part of their big "push" in to Chile.

If you are using a U.S. freight forwarder as your default address, then everything is now for sale.

Makes me want to go beat a red neck, latte drinking, american millennial.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:29 pm

41southchile wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:41 pm
I started buying things off Amazon last year and generally had no problems, apart from a few delays, but everything made it eventually.
Now virtually everything I search for it says this item does not ship to Llanquihue, Chile , even items I had in my watchlist now say they will not deliver where as previously they did. Is it because I use a PO Box or have they just given up shipping to Chile ? Anyone else had any issues ?
That's exactly the reason. If you have a Casilla (POB) Amazon will not deliver because the parcel needs to be signed. The charges for shipping "includes a speedy" process thru customs. I came up with an address of my own and is working out with few hiccups.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:33 pm

Double
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

at46

Post by at46 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Gloria wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:29 pm
41southchile wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:41 pm
That's exactly the reason. If you have a Casilla (POB) Amazon will not deliver because the parcel needs to be signed. The charges for shipping "includes a speedy" process thru customs. I came up with an address of my own and is working out with few hiccups.
No it's not because of that. I have a regular address and a lot of things I used to buy are not being shipped here anymore or I have to go through a bunch of different sellers to find one that will ship here. My theory is they want to you to sign up to Amazon prime as I haven't heard such complaints from people who are on prime.