For Chilean staff in our Santiago office (joke)

General topics related to Living in Chile
41southchile

For Chilean staff in our Santiago office (joke)

Post by 41southchile » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:16 pm

It has been brought to our attention by several officials visiting our office in Santiago that offensive language is commonly used by our Spanish speaking staff. Such behavior, in addition to violating our policy, is highly unprofessional and offensive to both visitors and staff.

All personnel will immediately adhere to the following rules:

1. Words like chucha, puta, o me importa un pico and other such expressions will not be tolerated or used for emphasis or dramatic effect, no matter how heated a discussion may become.

2. You will not say la cagó when someone makes a mistake, or se lo están pichuleando if you see someone being reprimanded, or quedó la zorra when a major mistake has been made. All forms and derivations of the verb cagar are utterly inappropriate and unacceptable in our environment.

3. No project manager, section head or administrator under any circumstances will be referred as hijo de puta, culiao, concha de su madre, es una mierda or vale callampa. Lack of determination will not be referred to as se le aconcharon los meados nor will persons who lack initiative be referred to as pajero, pelotudo or saco de hueas.

5. Unusual or creative ideas offered by management are not to be referred as pajas mentales.

6. Do not say hincha pelotas nor ladilla de mierda if a person is persistent; do not add está hasta el pico if a colleague is going through a difficult situation. Furthermore, you must not say cagamos (refer to item #2) nor nos estamos yendo a la chucha when a matter becomes excessively complicated.

7. When asking someone to leave you alone, you must not say andate a la chucha nor should you ever substitute "May I help you?" with ¿Qué chucha querís?

8. Under no circumstances should you ever call your elderly industrial partners viejos de mierda.

9. Do not say me importa una raja when a relevant project is presented to you, nor should you ever answer chúpame el loly when your assistance is required.

10.You should never call partners as maraco de mierda or mina tortillera; the sexual behavior of our staff is not to be discussed in terms suchs as maricón, es seco pa la corneta or fleto.

11. Last but not least, after reading this note, please don´t say me paso esta huea por la raja. Just keep it clean and dispose of it properly.

Thank you
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

Gloria

Re: For Chilean staff in our Santiago office (joke)

Post by Gloria » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:25 pm

:lol: :lol: You learn something everyday...... new words never heard ( read) before.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

El Zorro

Post by El Zorro » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:11 am

41southchile, alguien te robó la contraseña para entrar a este foro. This can only be the work of mentally disturbed adolescent.

---------------------------------------
Man's greatest pastime is self-delusion.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:07 am

That memo, in various forms, has been going around for a while.

As funny as it is, it should also be mandatory readying for any CEO, human resources director, etc from north of the equator trying to get a handle on just where they need to start to get a handle on the problems they face in Chilean office culture.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:56 am

admin wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:07 am
That memo, in various forms, has been going around for a while.

As funny as it is, it should also be mandatory readying for any CEO, human resources director, etc from north of the equator trying to get a handle on just where they need to start to get a handle on the problems they face in Chilean office culture.
Exactly, that was kind of the point, not only for a laugh (or not) maybe there should also be one about strolling in 20 minutes or half an hour late like it's the most normal thing in the world, then having breakfast for another half hour etc, then only ready for meetings or some real work at about 11am till 1pm then 5pm till 6pm, then they complain about having the longest "working" hours in the world .
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile