New rules for Latam.

General topics related to Living in Chile
Gloria

New rules for Latam.

Post by Gloria » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:35 pm

Two years ago I traveled to the US in Latam without any incidents other than losing my luggage in my way back. Today I bought a ticket with same route but is shocking to see how things are deteriorating as time goes on. Possible is a sign we are going back to the stone age. Flinstone Airlines has their seats for sale. Yes, you read correctly. You not longer have the right to choose where you want to seat unless you pay for it. So will see where I will be " dumped" 'cause I refuse to pay extra! I wonder if I should bring a sandwich and toilet paper as well. :shock:
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

admin
Site Admin

Re: New rules for Latam.

Post by admin » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:05 pm

Gloria does not get out much. It has been that way for a long time.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:25 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:05 pm
Gloria does not get out much. It has been that way for a long time.
True, I'm happy in my comfort zone BUT I was told today by a Latam ejecutiva that this "seat purchasing" started less than a month ago.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:39 pm

For those who do not want to pay for a seat, I need volunteers to see what happens at T-48 hours online check-in. I have heard that seats become chooseable and free (the regular non-premium ones) at that time.

And this change IS recent FOR INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS as domestic has been "pay for" for a while.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:50 pm

Gloria wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:35 pm
Two years ago I traveled to the US in Latam without any incidents other than losing my luggage in my way back. Today I bought a ticket with same route but is shocking to see how things are deteriorating as time goes on. Possible is a sign we are going back to the stone age. Flinstone Airlines has their seats for sale. Yes, you read correctly. You not longer have the right to choose where you want to seat unless you pay for it. So will see where I will be " dumped" 'cause I refuse to pay extra! I wonder if I should bring a sandwich and toilet paper as well. :shock:
Ah yes Latam the trying to be budget airline without the budget fares
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:02 pm

Gloria, if that is the only problem you have with LATAM count yourself lucky.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Donnybrook wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:02 pm
Too true! Even their elites are abandoning them. I do like their non-stop SCL-LAX flights though.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:36 pm

Donnybrook wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:02 pm
Donnybrook, for me is not really a problem because I travel alone and I don't fuss about the seat, food or anything as long as I reach my destiny however I'm shocked to see how downgraded things are and the direction they are taking in the so called "modern times" overwhelmed by technology. Things are not going in the right path when humans are treated like cattle. If I survive this trip I think I'll be hiding in my comfy cave and screw the world.

bow26

Post by bow26 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:45 pm

Qué latam what has happened to this airline. It’s not that many years ago that I would go out of my way and pay extra to avoid being subjected to Iberia’s very Spanish approach to customer service and LAN flights were glorious in comparison.

Rumour has it that the one world alliance put a rocket up Iberia and told them to improve or leave c. 2011 - I can certainly notice a difference nowadays and would pick Iberia over shattam any day.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:58 pm

LAN used to be great in the air and very poor on the ground. Now they have taken a more balanced approach. Mediocre in the air and mediocre on the ground.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:01 pm

Donnybrook wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:58 pm
LAN used to be great in the air and very poor on the ground. Now they have taken a more balanced approach. Mediocre in the air and mediocre on the ground.
Awwwwww......where those days have gone when the passenger was a priority and was treated with white gloves, respect and reverance. When the airlines used to call to remind you to be on time at the airport.......when due to the airline delays they used to book you in a nice hotel til next day....... :cry: GONE FOREVER! :x

bow26

Post by bow26 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:35 am

I thought they were great in every way compared to Iberia !!! Maybe my memory is being slightly selective or just failing.

LAN never ever hung up the phone on me, refused to look at me and continue filing their nails whilst attending me at a counter, or my favourite one at Barajas airport connections counter, ask me “why all these sudacas don’t read the connections board instead of queueing to ask me”. All interactions included large amounts of sighing and even the odd shout of “ay que paciencia” if you asked them to do anything other than continue texting. Pretty funny to think about now but frustrating at the time.