Bringing a motorcycle to Chile

General topics related to Living in Chile
anteojito

Bringing a motorcycle to Chile

Post by anteojito » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:50 pm

I understand that you can't import a used motorcycle to Chile, but I have heard that as a tourist, you can temporarily import a motorcycle for 90 days in a six month period. I've heard some people say that you can cross borders and get another 90 days as you can with your tourist visa, but I've also heard that you can't.

Anyone have any input? Also what if it were a brand new bike? Does that change anything?

Thanks,

admin
Site Admin

Re: Bringing a motorcycle to Chile

Post by admin » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:45 pm

as far as i know still no problem with the 90 day renewal.

I got clients with airplanes and boats that cross regularly, for years, because they don't want to register the plane or boat in chile. most people don't bother with vehicles because it an expensive hassel that quickly costs more than it is worth.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador

Re: Bringing a motorcycle to Chile

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Let say you wanting to explore traveling Chile for three month. Point of origin, let say the US. Round trip air fare on sale around US$650~$700, once in Chile you will rent a rent-a-car cheap small sedan for US$30 a day plus gas, that will empty your wallet for approx. another US$1500? So summarizing your air fare plus rental vehicle plus gas totals Mas o Menos, US$2200. But in your case a motorcycle, driving by Terra across the Panamericana from US~Mexico~central America into Chile puts you around US$ Cuanto? admin, can you calculate it on back of napkin roughly, cuanto cuesta?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.