transfer money from israel to chile?

General topics related to Living in Chile
proger

transfer money from israel to chile?

Post by proger » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:48 pm

bello guys, í need to transfer money from my bank in isrsel to a chilian friend. using swift transfer here is crazy expensive, in banco de Chile they will take you overall 20% with the impuesto of the state of chile.

is it the only way? I find it hard to believe business can work with this impossible intrest.

in israel swift transfer is no more than 2% at the worst case, in Uruguay and canada also similar from my experience...

HybridAmbassador

Re: transfer money from israel to chile?

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:11 pm

proger wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:48 pm
bello guys, í need to transfer money from my bank in isrsel to a chilian friend. using swift transfer here is crazy expensive, in banco de Chile they will take you overall 20% with the impuesto of the state of chile.

is it the only way? I find it hard to believe business can work with this impossible intrest.

in israel swift transfer is no more than 2% at the worst case, in Uruguay and canada also similar from my experience...
Doesn't Xoom service operate Israel to other part of world?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

scandinavian

Post by scandinavian » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:27 pm

proger wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:48 pm

That is not my experience. Make sure sender pays at both ends, then no fee to be paid on receiving end at Scotiabank and Santander. I do seem to remember that Banco de Chile had a different setup, but it was capped at something like 100 USD + IVA.
What tax? They take IVA on top of the comision, but that is 19% only on the comision, not total amount

proger

Post by proger » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:03 pm

for 1,500,000 they want almost 300,000 for swift!

at46

Post by at46 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:22 pm

My feeling is you're not explaining yourself properly or the bank employee you're talking to is out of touch. You can certainly do it and pay only whatever it costs to send the money from Israel. You need to speak with someone at their investment branch called Banchile. It might be useful to find a good-looking Chilean woman to help you through the process.

proger

Post by proger » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:40 pm

at46 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:22 pm
My feeling is you're not explaining yourself properly or the bank employee you're talking to is out of touch. You can certainly do it and pay only whatever it costs to send the money from Israel. You need to speak with someone at their investment branch called Banchile. It might be useful to find a good-looking Chilean woman to help you through the process.
with or without a women they still say I'll pay that commission

at46

Post by at46 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:43 pm

proger wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:40 pm
at46 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:22 pm
with or without a women they still say I'll pay that commission
You're clearly not talking to the right people. Like I said, you need to be talking at their investment branch, Banchile.

proger

Post by proger » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:19 pm

yes, I'll try that tomorrow as they already closed

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:31 pm

who told you it was 20%?

someone is not explaining it correctly or someone is trying to rip you off; or, something is just off.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:32 pm

are you trying to buy something, because that sounds very similar to an IVA sales tax?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

proger

Post by proger » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:43 pm

no, just trying to make an international transfer

El Ping

Post by El Ping » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:53 pm

I have used OFX https://www.ofx.com/en-au/ to transfer money from Australia to Chile. Difference between money sent and money received was less than 1%.

It went to Banco BICE in Santiago.

Only strange thing was that I couldn't 'buy' pesos so I had to send US $ via a New York bank. May sound complicated but was really quite simple... two emails.

Wouldn't hurt to give them a try.