Work Visa Expires Soon, Awaiting Temporary Visa

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Work Visa Expires Soon, Awaiting Temporary Visa

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:05 am

JohnG wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:19 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:59 pm
JohnG wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:41 pm
My only scheduled travel will be to Isla de Pascua at the end of January. I hope that works out ok.
Why wouldn't it?
Just because I am sure they will want to see my ID... which will be expired at that point...
Use your passport as ID for the airline and the Rapa Nui entry form, have your expired carnet as secondary ID if asked by PDI and of course your receipt. If asked and questioned by PDI, then you already have the explanation.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

JohnG

Post by JohnG » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:10 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:05 am

Use your passport as ID for the airline and the Rapa Nui entry form, have your expired carnet as secondary ID if asked by PDI and of course your receipt. If asked and questioned by PDI, then you already have the explanation.
That's what I figured. I don't have a receipt, because it is a work visa. I think I'll bring my marriage certificate and any other paperwork I feel will help.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:11 pm

Well I received a letter from the extranjeria today about my perm residency. Even though I applied as a rentista they ask me to send them copies of boletas for the last 8 months in addition to an annual summary. What the heck?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:46 am

GAminer wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:11 pm
Well I received a letter from the extranjeria today about my perm residency. Even though I applied as a rentista they ask me to send them copies of boletas for the last 8 months in addition to an annual summary. What the heck?
that is easy.

let me translate thst for you to department of immigration grunt speak:

'the stack of applications on my desk was too big, i fell behind in my daily quota before the holidays, so i am not even going to bother reading any of these applications and i am just going to copy and past this letter for all the remaining applications requesting more information, causing all the aplications to be stalled until they submit some arbitrary documents and are someone else's problem sometime next month'.

:lol:

every once in a while we get a rejection letter for a client's application, for failing to to submit a particular document, that had they opened the file it was litterally the very first document in the folder.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:17 am

admin wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:46 am
GAminer wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:11 pm
that is easy.

let me translate thst for you to department of immigration grunt speak:

'the stack of applications on my desk was too big, i fell behind in my daily quota before the holidays, so i am not even going to bother reading any of these applications and i am just going to copy and past this letter for all the remaining applications requesting more information, causing all the aplications to be stalled until they submit some arbitrary documents and are someone else's problem sometime next month'.

:lol:

every once in a while we get a rejection letter for a client's application, for failing to to submit a particular document, that had they opened the file it was litterally the very first document in the folder.
So what options are available for me to take? I already sent them the boletas that I had for this year with the initial application, along with the two work contracts. They are asking me for the 8 months of boletas, which i do not have because I only worked 6 months out of the year. Since one of my work contracts was with CODELCO the boletas were done on my behalf by the company and therefore do not appear on my account in the SII website. I included the titles of my new rental homes along with the lease contracts covering the last 2 years. Since they are mobile homes they are titled through the DMV Rental income is 1200 USD a month. They ask for a written letter explaining if I do not have the documentation that they request. I assume I should send them bank statements showing the deposits from rent every month too. Is it ok if the account is shared with my mother? She manages my properties for me since I am in Chile and we opened a joint account so she could be able to write checks for things such as insurance and taxes for the properties.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 pm

send them bolletas from the year before. add a letter along the lines:

1. the request is not relevent to the visa i am requesting.

2. i only get paid 6 months out of year.

3. just in case i have included all my boletas (again).

your rookie mistake was probably mentioning or including your boletas at all, while applying for a periodic income visa. rental income was nice and simple, and easy to understand. but since you have gone down that rabbit hole, you sort of need to see it through.

they are easily confused, by the slightest irrelevant information.

for example, One we see americans try to do all the time is include convoluted complex trusts and corporate structures. Pure trouble. if you can not explain it to a 8th grader in less than one paragraph, don't include it. they are not going to understand what a "trust" is all about, and how they react to it is anyone's guess. they might reject application. not read it. ask for documents that have nothing to do with anything even remotly related to it.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.