Venezuela crisis

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Venezuela crisis

Post by admin » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:46 pm

one of the most comprehensive reports on the health care crisis in Venezuela:

https://www.hrw.org/report/2019/04/04/v ... ess-health

yep, that must all be an n imperialist conspiracy to lie and cover up sick and dying people.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

AnciaVagar

Post by AnciaVagar » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:04 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:32 pm
well it is nice to see maduro not leave chile out of the fun. maduro is accusing colombia and chile of also being behind the eletric grid collapse:

http://tass.com/world/1052474

As the blackouts continue...

"I have already said that we confirmed the version of attacks governed from Houston and Chicago during the investigation," Maduro said. "We found new sources [of aggression] from Chile and Columbia, used to damage the power system of Venezuela."

How can that be?! Maduro said he already defeated the "attacks." Maybe just send some of those 3000+ idle Cuban generals to find the cat-5 and unplug it. Solved. =)

"Maduro asked governments of Mexico, Uruguay, Bolivia and countries of CARICOM (Caribbean Community and Common Market) to help in establishing the dialog between the government and the opposition in Venezuela."

You mean the same opposition you refused dialog for years, outlawed, and now threaten with arrest?

AnciaVagar

Post by AnciaVagar » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:11 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:46 pm
one of the most comprehensive reports on the health care crisis in Venezuela:

https://www.hrw.org/report/2019/04/04/v ... ess-health

yep, that must all be an n imperialist conspiracy to lie and cover up sick and dying people.
Apparently, according to the link, Trump has now co-opted the World Health Organization, Human Rights Watch, Center for Humanitarian Health, the Center for Public Health and Human Rights at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, the Pan American Health Organization, the catholic church, various nongovernmental humanitarian organizations, and (wait for it) the UN.

Or, just maybe the chavistas done it:
"The Venezuelan government’s failure to report public health information, its suppression of those speaking out about health conditions within the country, all while the country’s health facilities continue to deteriorate, represent a violation of Venezuela’s obligations to respect, protect, and fulfill the right to health guaranteed under both the Venezuelan Constitution and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR). The ICESCR, which Venezuela has ratified, guarantees everyone the right to “the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health,” as well as the right to an adequate “standard of living” that includes “adequate food.”" [Leftists and their commitments!]

Kel

Post by Kel » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:44 am

We were in Santiago a few weeks ago for a few days. We kept bumping into refugees from Venezuela who had recently arrived. Most of them were professional people who were doing a job in Chile well below their education and training. But they were all very happy to be in Chile working at a job. One man carried our bags to our hotel room. He had been in Chile 3 months. He told us that he swam the river to Columbia to get out. He said the people of Venezuela want international intervention to oust Maduro. I don't know if it was just his opinion or if many people feel that way. But he said he didn't care if it was the Russians, the Chinese or the Americans, he wanted the problem fixed by the international community.

One young Venezuelan we met was an Uber driver who picked us in his cousins car. He told us he had been in Chile 4 days! After 4 days he was already working as an Uber driver! It made for a bizarre ride. He didn't know anything about Santiago. We needed to go from El Centro to Vitacura. He had never been there before so he was glued to his GPS. He was so intent on the GPS that he drove off the Autopista several times onto the shoulder where he almost smashed into some orange safety cones. I hope he learns the city before he wrecks his cousin's car!

All of the refugees we met were friendly, articulate and well educated. I think they will do well in Chile.
Taking aim from the grassy knoll...

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:17 pm

But it is these "professionals" who probably had free uni that are lowering or capping the wages of young Chilean professionals in a city of ever rising costs that is Santiasco.

So it is not only the Chilean lower class that is being affected by immigration but the middle sector also. With a government and media imposed political correct line of shutup and be tolerant and accepting no matter what, the future political situation may very well be in support of populist or reactionary candidates and a rejection of the current right-center/left-center elite.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:57 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:17 pm
But it is these "professionals" who probably had free uni that are lowering or capping the wages of young Chilean professionals in a city of ever rising costs that is Santiasco.

So it is not only the Chilean lower class that is being affected by immigration but the middle sector also. With a government and media imposed political correct line of shutup and be tolerant and accepting no matter what, the future political situation may very well be in support of populist or reactionary candidates and a rejection of the current right-center/left-center elite.
Most venezuelan's that i have met either don't have their degree apostilled or it is not validated by the chilean ministry of education. So they won't be working any professional jobs here.

Kel

Post by Kel » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:47 pm

Regarding all the Venezuelans who have come to Chile and are working. I don't begrudge them the chance for a better life. Anyone who comes legally and is willing to work hard has my support.

It does raise a question in my mind though: How are they able to work? Is it legal to drive an Uber after being in Chile 4 days? Is it legal to work at a hotel when you have been in Chile 3 months? How are they doing that?

I thought to work you either needed a work visa or residency. You can't get those things in 4 days or 3 months. Is there some special provision for refugees?
Taking aim from the grassy knoll...

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:06 pm

GAminer wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:57 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:

Most venezuelan's that i have met either don't have their degree apostilled or it is not validated by the chilean ministry of education. So they won't be working any professional jobs here.
I not talking about engineers and doctors, I am talking about normal businesses at the jefe and managerial on up levels where before it was not necessary to have a university degree listed on your CV to compete but now the market is flooded and made it an extra way to cut out an already experienced group at a lower price.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

at46

Post by at46 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:32 pm

Kel wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:47 pm
Is it legal to drive an Uber after being in Chile 4 days?
They sell Chilean driver licences on Venezuelan groups in Chile, so maybe that's how they're able to do that? I don't know...
Kel wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:47 pm
Is it legal to work at a hotel when you have been in Chile 3 months?
A lot of English teachers from Western countries have been working on tourist visas. So Venezuelans wouldn't be any different in that regard.

at46

Post by at46 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:37 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:

It's what happens in every country with a lot of immigrants. Look at all the Russians who come to Canada, for example. They take the shittiest jobs to begin with and in 10 years time they're all pretty well off. Ok, not all of them. They actually shake out into a lot of really well off and a tiny minority of really poor. With noone in between. My feeling is it's exactly what's happening with Venezuelans also.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:42 pm

earlier i joked about how the conflict in Venezuela was a 'cat call' for mercenaries of all types.

this is a great article on how Bogota has turned in to a casa blanca, with all the spies, goverment officials, refugees, etc in a holding pattern waiting for things to unfold acrossthe boarder:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... e-in-bogot
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Julito

Post by Julito » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:29 pm

James Petras

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51431.htm

Russian Foreign Ministry. Seems pretty rational to me...

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51432.htm