La Serena

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
GAminer

La Serena

Post by GAminer » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:33 am

Thinking about moving to La Serena, visited there a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Overall it seems like a nice place to live. I am interested in purchasing a house, but not sure where exactly are the better parts of town to look. Normally I stay in San Joaquin, which is very nice, but I would like to find something beside the beach if possible. Maybe outside of the city? Anybody living around there have any recommendations? Thanks

fraggle092

Re: La Serena

Post by fraggle092 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:32 am

Beachside is nice this time of the year, but its very humid in the winter. Most of those apartments are uninsulated so they tend to be cold and damp. I would continue looking at San Joaquín, Pan de Azúcar, that area up on the hills especially up from Cuatro Esquinas. That way your ferrous possessions won't rust away so quickly, and you still can get an ocean view.

Isolated parcelas are very nice but are tempting targets for amantes de lo ajeno.
Après moi, le déluge