Renting an apartment without papers

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
hstarkmann

Renting an apartment without papers

Post by hstarkmann » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:03 pm

Hello people!

My pololo and I just recently moved to Vina del Mar, Chile a few days ago. I studied here in 2015, so I have a few friends that I am able to stay with while we look for an apartment. My goal is to work as an English teacher or some kind of job that involved language, I just graduated with a Spanish teaching degree k-12 with an ESL minor. This coming week I will be applying for teaching jobs but I am also trying to find a place to live because it would be a lot easier to get myself organized for interviews if I had my own space. My friends live in Recreo and I would love to live here because it's safe and close to everything. I have been contacting various people via online rental advertisements to try and find an apartment in vina del mar but most people want my last three paychecks, proof of employment, etc. Does anyone have an tips, recommendations, maybe know some people, that could help me find an apartment? Please let me know! :D

at46

Re: Renting an apartment without papers

Post by at46 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:15 pm

hstarkmann wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:03 pm
Hello people!

My pololo and I just recently moved to Vina del Mar, Chile a few days ago. I studied here in 2015, so I have a few friends that I am able to stay with while we look for an apartment. My goal is to work as an English teacher or some kind of job that involved language, I just graduated with a Spanish teaching degree k-12 with an ESL minor. This coming week I will be applying for teaching jobs but I am also trying to find a place to live because it would be a lot easier to get myself organized for interviews if I had my own space. My friends live in Recreo and I would love to live here because it's safe and close to everything. I have been contacting various people via online rental advertisements to try and find an apartment in vina del mar but most people want my last three paychecks, proof of employment, etc. Does anyone have an tips, recommendations, maybe know some people, that could help me find an apartment? Please let me know! :D
Just show them the money, that's what it's all about, isn't it? Like, offer to pay 3-6 months in advance etc.

hstarkmann

Post by hstarkmann » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:41 pm

I'm looking for something that I can rent for just a month or two. I do have a notarized bank statement with me, maybe that would suffice?

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:50 pm

AirBnB?
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:07 pm

yea going in to summer, and you only want a month or two, you are going to be paying a lot for anything even kinda nice.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.