Looking for Santiago Dog Rescue Group

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Doglover

Looking for Santiago Dog Rescue Group

Post by Doglover » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:17 am

During my first visit I encountered a young female street dog that captured my heart but I have not been able to find a good contact for an organization to aid in her rescue. I am willing to help in the financial costs to find her a home in Chile or aid in securing proper veterinary and shipping to my home in the USA. As I leave Chile tomorrow any assistance or referral is appreciated.

Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for Santiago Dog Rescue Group

Post by admin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:08 am

That is a little short notice.

My advice, try locating a vet that can help you. Your going to need vaccinations, papers, possibly a chip to ship the dog, and then whatever the airline is going to require such as a dog cage. Assuming the dog is in relatively good health, you might be able to take her with you.

Strangely, your not the first person to adopt a Chilean street dog and return to the U.S. with it. The Chilean street dogs are some of the best in the World. I got two of them.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Doglover

Post by Doglover » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:41 am

Thanks, understand. Unfortunately Santiago was only a few day stopover on the way home and my zero Spanish speaking ability makes it all the more difficult without a local POC who knows the ropes. If I need to fly back to pick her up am willing to do that as well....will keep researching and hoping to hear back from someone as I know there are people and groups that try to help the dogs....not giving up!

Doglover

Post by Doglover » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:35 am

Can't leave this precious puppy on the street....anyone in Santiago willing to help? She hangs out at GAM and by slow back and forth translated discussion with security guard has been there for about 5 months....
Attachments
Santiago dog.jpg

Doglover

Post by Doglover » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:38 am

Was wearing blue vest day ago which was not on her Monday or Wednesday so some angel has been helping.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:11 am

Hi, I just wrote to my friends from the local nonprofit veterinary team that works with street dogs in Los Rios. They are going to ask their contacts in Santiago if there’s any reliable option.

Doglover

Post by Doglover » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:32 am

Thank you!!!!!

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:54 am

Doglover wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:32 am
Thank you!!!!!
No problem but sorry, no good news so far. Their friend in Santiago recently tried to find a family for a dog and she was looking for almost two weeks without any success.

And the local animal shelters are absolutely over capacity, they are not taking new animals. There's a contact from Ciudad Animal that can keep the dog for CLP $60,000 per month. As I understood, it's not exactly a pet hotel but neither a shelter.

I was also told that you can send the dog to the US via a pet export company. I'll send you both contacts in a private message.

Doglover

Post by Doglover » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Any contacts are good at this point and very helpful too...thank you very much. Do you know if Ciudad Animal has vet contract to give rabies/vacination and flight certificate?

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Doglover wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:01 pm
Any contacts are good at this point and very helpful too...thank you very much. Do you know if Ciudad Animal has vet contract to give rabies/vacination and flight certificate?
Not sure but it will require more than a day to accomplish. I’ve sent you the number of our contact in Santiago who can help to find the way to get this sweet doggo to North America.

Doglover

Post by Doglover » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks again for all your help...cant PM you as I am too new here :)

Spoke with Ciudad on whatsapp...looking good and english works too!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Doglover wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:34 pm
Thanks again for all your help...cant PM you as I am too new here :)

Spoke with Ciudad on whatsapp...looking good and english works too!
there should be no restrictions on your ability to pm.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.