Withdraw AFP Funds

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

AntofaPhilly

Withdraw AFP Funds

Post by AntofaPhilly » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi all,

I've been reading through threads on here as well as elsewhere on the web, however, I have been unable to find the exact answers and was hoping someone could help. Quick summary:

-US citizen, living and working for 4 years in Antofagasta at a local school
-Leaving the country for good in February
-Want to withdraw money from AFP Plan Vital

I went and talked to the AFP, and they gave me the standard sheet of paper that explains the process. I need to give them:
1. My degree, translated and apostilled
2. Work contract or annex that certifies I am enrolled en social security outside of Chile
3. Certificate that I am in enrolled in social security outside of Chile (from the US), translated and apostilled

1 and 2 are clear to me, though unfortunately they mean traveling to Santiago just to do the tramite. However, I've had problems with 3 since according to the embassy website, they no longer emit those certificates.

https://cl.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... p_english/

Has anyone been able to do this in the last year or two? Any advice? I'd prefer not to let AFP walk away with my money...

Thanks for your help