New from Arizona, USA

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Curtez

New from Arizona, USA

Post by Curtez » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:30 pm

Hello all!

Moved to Providencia, Santiago, Chile here in early September. Currently looking for a job in the wine industry. I am a sommelier by trade and also was a backcountry mountain/canyon guide in the Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona, US. Hoping to meet some good people on here, learn a lot and have some fun.

Hope to chat with yall soon!

Curtez

admin
Site Admin

Re: New from Arizona, USA

Post by admin » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:05 pm

welcome to the forum.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:08 pm

Welcome, if you are in Santiago there is a wine show on today and tomorrow parque bicentinario, they have really been plugging it on the radio I listen to in the car, the co ordinator they were interviewing sounded over the top enthusiastic about it, that's why I remembered, over 500 wines and 50 of the major vineyards represented there. Tickets online or get then at the gate, starts again tomorrow avo at 5pm.
https://www.vitacura.cl/actividades/det ... -fest-2018
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:40 am

my first thought was 'you should do a wine tasting hiking trips'; then i realized a bunch of drunk hikers is probably not good idea.

but if you are a sommelier, there is just real lack of quality wine tours, with real information about the wines. too often in chile it is just some guy with a bus taking people to vinards.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:37 am

admin wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:40 am
my first thought was 'you should do a wine tasting hiking trips'; then i realized a bunch of drunk hikers is probably not good idea.

but if you are a sommelier, there is just real lack of quality wine tours, with real information about the wines. too often in chile it is just some guy with a bus taking people to vinards.
😆 just some guy with a bus. Sums up a lot of "tours" in Chile. Dont get me wrong, there are some good ones, but like most things you pay for what you get, and as the domestic market generally goes for Cheap, the country is full of lots of guys with buses.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

Curtez

Post by Curtez » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:41 am

I have noticed this lol. Well we will see what comes up in the future I suppose. I missed the festival. Was up in the Andes for the majority of the weekend. Hope yall had a good one as well.