Paradigm Shift

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Post Reply
User avatar
nwdiver
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2917
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC and Chile where ever it's Summer
Contact:

Paradigm Shift

Post by nwdiver » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:34 pm

Check this out, it's how the government will make.........ALLOT of money.....

https://www.bccannabisstores.com
It's all about the wine.

41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Location: Lakes Region

Re: Paradigm Shift

Post by 41southchile » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:52 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:34 pm
Check this out, it's how the government will make.........ALLOT of money.....

https://www.bccannabisstores.com
Yes there will be. Must say, well done Canada. I read the other day the wine industry in California is worried as people will spend less on wine and consumers budget for such things will see spending shift to pot. There is now a cannabis infused wine, and some vineyards are diversifying into pot , if you can't beat them join them.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

User avatar
Space Cat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 1216
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:20 pm
Location: Valdivia

Re: Paradigm Shift

Post by Space Cat » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Image

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 16687
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Shift

Post by admin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:10 pm

you know, having lived in amsterdam and the u.s. in the height of the drug war histeria of the 80's, i think this is all over hyped.

yea, it will be popular, but once the noveltiy whears off, things will settle down.

i find it hard to get excited about an industry that specializes in a plant that has a nick name of 'weed'. you can literally throw seeds in a ditch, and it will grow. not good stuff, but point is it is not hard to produce.

with about the skill it takes to grow a good tomato, someone can produce a one hitter strain in their back yard, and in quantities greater than they or their friends could smoke in a year.

the market will be massivly over supplied in no time, and only has not been over supplied due to various goverment and economic constrants artificialy placed on the industry. take the leash off, and watch the industry start screaming for more regulation.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Location: Lakes Region

Re: Paradigm Shift

Post by 41southchile » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:59 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:10 pm
you know, having lived in amsterdam and the u.s. in the height of the drug war histeria of the 80's, i think this is all over hyped.

yea, it will be popular, but once the noveltiy whears off, things will settle down.

i find it hard to get excited about an industry that specializes in a plant that has a nick name of 'weed'. you can literally throw seeds in a ditch, and it will grow. not good stuff, but point is it is not hard to produce.

with about the skill it takes to grow a good tomato, someone can produce a one hitter strain in their back yard, and in quantities greater than they or their friends could smoke in a year.

the market will be massivly over supplied in no time, and only has not been over supplied due to various goverment and economic constrants artificialy placed on the industry. take the leash off, and watch the industry start screaming for more regulation.
To an extent that maybe true, it has been overhyped probably especially with some of the valuations, but if big brewers and cigarette companies are acquiring and buying into cannibas companies there must be something going on. Also its not just weed to sell to the millenials , it's the further markets that haven't been tapped yet for pain relief and medicinal stuff and of course the edibles etc etc etc. The traditional market is there already all they have to do is grow it a little and seek new ones, like the boomers who need something for their bad backs etc.
The "weed" today is not the backyard stuff of even a decade ago either, cloning etc, selective breeding as made it something completely different to what was available in the past.
Canada will not be able to cater to current demand for years they reckon, so stoners will still go to their local drug dealers for a while to come.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

User avatar
nwdiver
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2917
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC and Chile where ever it's Summer
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Shift

Post by nwdiver » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:29 pm

You can grow 4 plants per adult.......there is a big market for micro hydroponic gear and seeds (some seeds are $25 each, that's crazy) .......the plants must be indoors and out of site from the outside of the property.....

The companies entering the grow business go through a lot of hoops to meet the government licensing requirements, I think most are looking south to when the US legalizes and opens the market to qualified producers......

Constellation Brands is selling a group of US wine brands to pay down its Cannabis debt and for us on thier beer brands....
It's all about the wine.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 16687
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Shift

Post by admin » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:08 am

Yea, I had the thought to invest in companies selling the shovels, not the gold mines. The grow equipment is probably where the money is at.

In any case, I am sure Chilean politicians will be watching. Might help move along the legalization law in congress, if things work out better in Canada.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
nwdiver
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2917
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC and Chile where ever it's Summer
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Shift

Post by nwdiver » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:14 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:08 am
Yea, I had the thought to invest in companies selling the shovels, not the gold mines. The grow equipment is probably where the money is at.

In any case, I am sure Chilean politicians will be watching. Might help move along the legalization law in congress, if things work out better in Canada.
Gold miners.... I did ok in the 80s.......but did much better with Finning it went through the roof, not so much anymore........
It's all about the wine.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 16687
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Shift

Post by admin » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:27 am

sorry, that was badly executed reference to the California gold rush, where the guys selling the shovels made more money than the miners.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
nwdiver
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2917
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC and Chile where ever it's Summer
Contact:

Re: Paradigm Shift

Post by nwdiver » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:56 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:27 am
sorry, that was badly executed reference to the California gold rush, where the guys selling the shovels made more money than the miners.
I know that.......in the 1980 gold rush, nothing had changed......
It's all about the wine.

Post Reply