Marriage separation in Chile

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Tonnington Flex

Marriage separation in Chile

Post by Tonnington Flex » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi,

I need some advice. My wife and I got married in Chile. My wife is Chilean and I'm British born, but I travel with an Irish passport (I have Irish citizenship). We have a son. I want to know what are the legal requirements involved in a separation? I've been told all kinds of different things and I'm really confused.

How much child maintenance do I need to pay? I've heard it's 40% of my salary, is this true?
Is it a legal requirement to pay for accommodation for my wife, as we are legally married?

Any previous experience or knowledge of how the system works in Chile is really appreciated?

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Marriage separation in Chile

Post by admin » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:32 pm

your going to need an attorney. the variables for everyone's situation are way to complicated for an answer on the forum to even get anywhere near a complete answer.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Tonnington Flex wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:10 pm
Hi,

I need some advice. My wife and I got married in Chile. My wife is Chilean and I'm British born, but I travel with an Irish passport (I have Irish citizenship). We have a son. I want to know what are the legal requirements involved in a separation? I've been told all kinds of different things and I'm really confused.

How much child maintenance do I need to pay? I've heard it's 40% of my salary, is this true?
Is it a legal requirement to pay for accommodation for my wife, as we are legally married?

Any previous experience or knowledge of how the system works in Chile is really appreciated?

Thanks
You are asking for advice after the facts....too little, too late. The first thing you need to do is "educate" yourself in the matter. There are tons of info in the internet, that's the reason we have computers and smartphones....don't we? They were not meant as decoration. If you don't understand the language, you should know by now how the marvelous computer can do it for you, so don't wait for someone to solve your problems and do it yourself....now, get to work!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:10 pm

And get a lawyer......been there have the tshirt, Opps maybe she got the tshirt.....
It's all about the wine.

Tonnington Flex

Post by Tonnington Flex » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:13 am

Gloria wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:58 pm
Tonnington Flex wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:10 pm
Hi,

Thanks
You are asking for advice after the facts....too little, too late. The first thing you need to do is "educate" yourself in the matter. There are tons of info in the internet, that's the reason we have computers and smartphones....don't we? They were not meant as decoration. If you don't understand the language, you should know by now how the marvelous computer can do it for you, so don't wait for someone to solve your problems and do it yourself....now, get to work!
The reason I have a computer and a smartphone isn't for surfing the internet all day, it's for work, and I work hard, so I don't get much time to "educate" myself with the tons of info on the internet. I came to this forum for support because I'm in a stressful situation, not to receive your sarcastic aggressive comments.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Sorry about that, man. It’s like a Groundhog’s Day here: a newcomer arrives, gets undeserved hostility, then the discussion propels into a quarrel about the toxic behavior of a few forum members.

What a waste of everybody’s time.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:31 pm

See below for the sponsors of the forum who have quite a bit of experience in these matters. But it really helps to educate yourself in messy matters such as this just so you know what your paid lawyer is working on.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:32 pm

Space Cat wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:18 pm
Sorry about that, man. It’s like a Groundhog’s Day here: a newcomer arrives, gets undeserved hostility, then the discussion propels into a quarrel about the toxic behavior of a few forum members.

What a waste of everybody’s time.
Agreed, and unfortunate.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Tonnington Flex wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:13 am

The reason I have a computer and a smartphone isn't for surfing the internet all day, it's for work, and I work hard, so I don't get much time to "educate" myself with the tons of info on the internet. I came to this forum for support because I'm in a stressful situation, not to receive your sarcastic aggressive comments.
If you think that my words are harsh and aggressive.......eventually you´ll realize that instead, there are words of wisdom when you try to sort things out in a divorce in Chile. If you don´t make the time to get info in the internet you´ll be in a disadvantage from which will be hard to recover. The only support you´ll get in this forum will be coming from the " peanut gallery" that have no idea of what to say or answer other than ... " sorry mate"....totally worthless!
As far as I know, the sponsor of this forum doesn´t deal with divorces so you are pretty much on your own. I cannot add links or I´ll get the wrath of the admn for doing so. Lastly I will give you this important info....up to you to follow it or not. You need to go to the Registro Civil and ask for a "Cese de Convivencia" ASAP. Get a lawyer!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:29 pm

Cese de Convivencia - yeah you want to document ASAP the separation and when you ceased to be under the same roof. That starts the clock ticking for various matters. Hope you chose separation of bienes...and other than that, "sorry mate".
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat