Global Entry Type Program for Permanent Residents for Expedited Entry at SCL Airport?

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

fadgaget

Global Entry Type Program for Permanent Residents for Expedited Entry at SCL Airport?

Post by fadgaget » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Hi Folks,

The US has a program you can join that allows you to get through security faster at the airports called Global Entry. They basically do a deep background check in advance and once you're in the program you get through security and customs much much faster when you arrive from an international flights.

Does anyone know if Chile offers a similar program that Permanent Residents of Chile would be eligible for????

Thanks and hope everyone is well! (I haven't posted in a while but am always happy to be here!)

Space Cat

Re: Global Entry Type Program for Permanent Residents for Expedited Entry at SCL Airport?

Post by Space Cat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Compared to the US or even Europe, there’s barely any security checks in Chilean airports.

Probably that’s why they double-check you before the flights to the US right in the jet bridge lol.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Global Entry Type Program for Permanent Residents for Expedited Entry at SCL Airport?

Post by admin » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:59 am

sorry, we don't pay extra for pointless security theater in chile.

for international flights, if you can afford biz class on lan, there is a dedicated security and immigration entrance on the second floor of scl.

i very rarely spend more than 5-10 mins in security anywhere in chile.

in fact, as we fly out of puerto montt so much, the security guards have quit checking our id or even watching the screen as our bags would go through the scanners. i found it a little creepy the first couple times, until i realized the airport security guys were doing it because they recognized us. same three or four security guys were always there. that is probably priceless as far security goes. the security guards know their passengers.

as for the u.s., i have the super express pass: don't go there!!! ever. for anything. not worth it.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.