Criminal Record

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

javieramunoz

Criminal Record

Post by javieramunoz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Hello my husban a new zealand citizen with a criminal record with simple delitos,is coming to chile to meet my family (i am already in chile) , he has a letter with the address where he will be staying,my number,passport number, the marriage certificate from nz , has a return ticket and sufficient founds.
What problems can he have at entering the country?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Criminal Record

Post by admin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:57 pm

what does a "simple delito" mean?

for example, smoking pot in public is a "simple delito" in chile, and a fellony in much of the united states (even with legalization). that fellony drug charge is sufficent justification on the interpol records to make a pdi officer deny entry to chile at the airport. after that you have to formaly apeal and argue for entry, and that takes time and money.

it very well might not mater, but that is often at the discreation of the particular officer.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

javieramunoz

Post by javieramunoz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Simple delito of falsifying,burglary and cannabis possession 8 years ago

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:22 pm

javieramunoz wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 pm
Far from a "simple police record"!. Nope, he doesn't have a chance of entering.....even with a letter from the Pope.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

javieramunoz

Post by javieramunoz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:24 pm

Never said simple police record,i said simple delito

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:28 pm

javieramunoz wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:24 pm
Never said simple police record,i said simple delito
Es mejor que lo dejes en casa porque lo devolverán igual.What do you think "simple delito" means? That he has a criminal record.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

javieramunoz

Post by javieramunoz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:57 pm

es el grado de las ofensas
-Falta
-Simple delito
-crimen
Bueno Gracias from what i read in the law is a no when is crimen and is up to the pdi if is simple delito

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:07 am

javieramunoz wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 pm
That is not so simple.

It probably will come down to how it shows in the interpol database, if at all, and will the interpol officer be in the mood to send him home if it does show.

The drug possesion of any sort, will probably be the one that decides. Given the neighborhood (colombian, bolivian, peruvian cocain traficers) anyone with a drug record will have a very hard time getting in to chile these days.

The officers at the boarder are not likly to be too interested in retrying the case on the spot, and have standing orders to reject anyone with drug or sex crime related convictions (e.g. Mike Tyson got the boot).

if that had been a 30 year old conviction or something mabie, but....

he can try, but pack some snacks and a good book for sitting in holding while waiting to be sent back on the next plane just in case.

let us know how it turns out.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:14 pm

Have him check his Interpol status, a lawyer in NZ can do it for him.......no record no problems....
It's all about the wine.

72Shilden

Post by 72Shilden » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:38 am

I'm not sure there's one country in the world that delivers long stay visas to people with such criminal records... If it was just some petty stuff like, I don't know, getting into a brawl in public over a car crash, you could have tried, but if the guy has been convicted of burglary and drug consumption, then it's toasted.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:49 am

Ummm, why doesn't he just apply for the Visa in NZ? He doesn't qualify for the Visa waiver program meaning he must apply before going...

The Chilean consulate in NZ arre super nice and if anyone is going to process it easily it will be them