Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

AnciaVagar

Re: Newbie

Post by AnciaVagar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:54 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 am
There is no reason for messing around with the taxi on the street at the airport.

Go to the official taxi desk before you leave security. Pay with a credit card and get voucher.
If you need a taxi day to day, we have had good experience with easytaxi.com app. Works like uber, but with licensed taxi drivers rather than random people on the street.
Thanks for the details and referral.

I had an easy & cheap time using the "CentroPuerto" bus between the airport and locations near the Metro. Less than CLP2000 each way -- I paid cash pesos at boarding* -- and has stops at a few Metro stations. Many airline/airport employees use it so it can be full at certain hours, but If you board at Los Heroes or at the airport (end points) usually there's no problem getting a seat. At some hours the bus is almost empty. Not as quick as a taxi but quick enough.
http://www.centropuerto.cl/

*Now yelp has a recent review that says there's ticket booth inside the airport that takes credit cards.

There are other bus lines offering similar service.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:30 pm

AnciaVagar wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:54 pm
There are other bus lines offering similar service.
Only other one is the Tur-Bus airport bus. This bus has two lines, one terminates at the Tur-Bus office on Moneda in Santiago Centro, the other terminates inside the main Tur-Bus terminal at Terminal Alameda just steps away from the taxi rank outside, the IBIS hotel, the Tur-Bus hotel and the main Pullman Bus terminal on the other side of the Alameda terminal. Metro U de Santiago can be accessed by entering the terminal taking the stairs or elevator down and continuing on the underground passageway. Terminal Santiago can be accessed across the side street from where the IBIS hotel and taxi rank is located. Terminal San Borja can be accessed by the Metro and is the next stop east from U de Santiago or you can walk to Estacion Central along Av. BO'H/Alameda and wonder if you are really in Chile (watch your pockets and stuff).

Both Tur-Bus and the Centropuerto bus make a stop at the Pajaritos Metro station before proceeding further into the city to their final destinations.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:47 pm

It depends on your arrival situation, and how comfortable you are with various parts of chile.

Arriving by myself, on a relatively short flight without a lot of luggage, the bus is fine to get to the metro.

Arriving with a family of four, luggage, limited chilean spanish, and then being dumped in to the chaose of central santiago late at night when your tired is a whole diffrent hunting sport, and you are the game.

As i recall, private transfer from the airport to like los condes runs like 23,000 pesos. Start adding up bus per person, and manging luggage for a group, plus metro after that, and the taxi might even be cheaper than the bus depending on number of people.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Would be nice if they ever got their act together to have train connect the airlport to the metro system.

But,,,,,not going hold my breath.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:23 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:00 pm
Would be nice if they ever got their act together to have train connect the airlport to the metro system.

There are always spasms of chatter about this idea and promises have been made, but I would say not before 2030 :roll:

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:47 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:23 pm
admin wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:00 pm

There are always spasms of chatter about this idea and promises have been made, but I would say not before 2030 :roll:
Nah, taxi mafia, the two bus transfers, the two van transfers would fight on the street and behind the scenes to prevent that.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat