Can a Resident Start a Religious Foundation in Chile?

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

needwaterandpeace

Can a Resident Start a Religious Foundation in Chile?

Post by needwaterandpeace » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi all. I asked this question in an older thread, but because I asked the wrong way it went sideways. Rather than try to salvage that thread, I thought it might be better to ask again. (I hope that is the correct thing to do.)

Long story short, I am a Bible minister in the USA, and am looking to relocate to Latin America. I have what might be called a religious teaching (or educational) foundation, with aspirations to grow into a full denomination some day (but to do it right takes a lot of time, and at the moment I am not there yet). I have some pension income, and some other income from the ministry. The move all hinges on me being able to establish a religious foundation / ministry in Chile, or to extend my existing US ministry into Chile. Does anyone know where to find the regulations on how to establish a religious foundation in Chile? Especially, can a resident start a religious educational foundation in Chile (or if not, is there a good way to work-through)? I can pay for good knowledgeable legal counsel, but I want to educate myself on the laws in Chile first.

If anyone could point me to the correct office or URL I would appreciate it very much. Thank you for your help.

Gloria

Re: Can a Resident Start a Religious Foundation in Chile?

Post by Gloria » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Oh nooooooooo!! Again? Do you speak, write and read spanish?
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

needwaterandpeace

Post by needwaterandpeace » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:28 pm

Gloria wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:19 pm
Hi Gloria! It is nice to hear from you again also.

Y muy básico, pero sí.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:39 pm

needwaterandpeace wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:28 pm
Gloria wrote:

Y muy básico, pero sí.
Who needs religion now a days. The Catholics priests are chasing little boys and sexually abusing them, greedy evangelists are preaching to send you to hell if you don´t put your hand in your pocket so they can buy their own private jet to "deliver God´s word" and the Jesuits are influencing and getting involved in politics to accomplish an invasion of Haitians to Chile threatening a change of race and life style so why would we need another religion?
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:50 pm

needwaterandpeace wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:28 pm
Gloria wrote:

Y muy básico, pero sí.
Basic spanish won´t cut it although if you intend to use it just to pass the basket around to collect tithing....maybe but not advisable.

needwaterandpeace

Post by needwaterandpeace » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:04 pm

Gloria, I need religion. I can't tell you how much it has helped me to park my nose in the Bible and read ancient wisdom literature. I never push anything on anyone, and I am a full 180 degrees out from the Jesuits (trust me on that).

Did you move to a Catholic country in order to get away from the Jesuits??? And why are you seeming so outwardly threatened, when I am not threatening you or anyone?

I apologize if anyone hurt you in the past (and sadly, it happens). But that is the opposite of my intent.

needwaterandpeace

Post by needwaterandpeace » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:07 pm

Gloria, I am sorry to see that you are so wounded that you lash out at anyone, and paint with such a broad brush. Do you think all men are rapists, and all women are gold diggers, just because some are? Have I tried to push anything on you (or anyone)?

There are a lot of people who believe in not judging people, but they will make an exception for Bible believers. We are used to it, but it still never feels good.

So the real ones try not to pass the problem along. Maybe we are a minority? But we do exist.

needwaterandpeace

Post by needwaterandpeace » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:11 pm

Glad to hear it! I don't intend to threaten you or anyone. I am pretty much 100% opt-in only. If people want to know, I share. And if they don't want to know, I don't share (as I have other things to do). So I hope you will please feel safe.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:11 pm

needwaterandpeace wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:04 pm
Gloria, I need religion. I can't tell you how much it has helped me to park my nose in the Bible and read ancient wisdom literature. I never push anything on anyone, and I am a full 180 degrees out from the Jesuits (trust me on that).

Did you move to a Catholic country in order to get away from the Jesuits??? And why are you seeming so outwardly threatened, when I am not threatening you or anyone?

I apologize if anyone hurt you in the past (and sadly, it happens). But that is the opposite of my intent.
Nope, none of the above. No apologies needed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:48 pm

The short answer is, no. There, just saved you a quarter million dollars.

The long answer is also no. There, just saved you half a million dollars.

Where do I send my bill for 20.3 seconds of consulting?

Start by investing in about 10 to 20 years of Chilean Spanish lessons.

Successful (money making) religion is premised on the ability to manipulate people via subtle use of language or not so subtle use of force. In either case, your going to need to speak Spanish to even be in to the game.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

needwaterandpeace

Post by needwaterandpeace » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Admin, ¿ es posible que tú y Gloria me confunde con los otros? No me interesa en religion engañoso. Me interesa en seguir lo que dice la Biblia. Los apóstoles eran más o menos pobres. Puedo decir más o menos lo que quiero decir, aunque mi grammar y conjugación necesitan algunos meses de practica. Escuchar es poquito más dificil, pero cuando la gente hablan poquito despacio, normalmente puedo entender. Pero, cuando no es posíble empezar un fundación religiosa en Chile, ¿porque hay fundaciónes religiosas en Chile?
I am sure I won’t win any spelling bees or grammar awards with that, but I expect my Spanish will be up to speed in not too long.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:11 pm

In the south I've met a few US missionaries who were proselytizing with just conversational Spanish. But overall you're facing a huge competition here: just check the number of small churches in any poor neighborhood of any city.

By the way, the local Buddhist monk gives talks in English with a translator but gathers overcrowded lecture halls. So the law of supply and demand easily breaks any language barriers.