Looking for a place to rent Valpo/Viña/Quilpué/Villa Alemana/Limache

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
rust

Looking for a place to rent Valpo/Viña/Quilpué/Villa Alemana/Limache

Post by rust » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:53 pm

I plan on moving back into the 5th Region by March 1, 2019 and so I'm starting a search.

Looking for a small place to rent, not shared (or as part of a larger property with a private entrance).

NO electric showers, NO shared bathrooms, NO shared kitchen, NO shared laundry, NO shared electric, NO furnished and so on.

Looking for privacy, responsibility and respect and a long-term commitment. I'm also looking for the Holy Grail, but I'll put it off. I am not looking for a friend. I don't care if you think that me being up at 3AM is a problem.

I want:
  • metered water
  • metered electric
  • my own gas, thank you.
  • calefont
  • receipts
I want a single bedroom large enough for a double bed and a dresser.
I want a kitchen, I have my own stove, fridge and appliances.
I want a private bath with shower. REPEAT: no electrocuting shower.

Send me a private message
Estamos EN Chile! It's a way of life...

admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a place to rent Valpo/Viña/Quilpué/Villa Alemana/Limache

Post by admin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:17 pm

Well the eletricuting showers cost extra(this not central america), except for the one forum member that seems to live in a very special house.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

at46

Post by at46 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:33 pm

It's way too early - start looking two months prior to your arrival and try to narrow down your desired area and type of housing. Also, I'm not sure you'd be able to find your ideal place at once. So plan on living in a temporary situation here in the fifth region for a few months while looking. There are a lot of apartments available - I found three possibilities for a friend last week in 20 minutes. It's just a matter of your specific requirements. Three years ago I spent six months looking for my apartment, but I am pretty picky.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:16 pm

I have never seen an electric shower in Chile (in Brazil yes, not here).

rust

Post by rust » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:17 pm

AT46: My arrival goes back 25 years... I'm in Maule now. As for waiting two months before my "arrival", I am looking prior to the imbeciles who include holiday rentals in the long-term rentals. Two months puts it off to looking during JANUARY at the height of the season, just after New Year's Eve. I'd love to return and live above Kabala as before, or up on Urriola, or whatever. Imagine paying 30 lucas around Plaza Anibal Pinto. Not happening.

Jamers41: As for electric showers, you should open your eyes. You won't find them at Sodimac or Easy, but in any other ferreteria they sell the electric shower and the "resistencia" (heater coil). Also, anyone who thinks they are safe should check out BigCliveDotCom on Youtube.
Estamos EN Chile! It's a way of life...

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:34 pm

Well if that's true then I would have to go about intentionally looking for them, because I'm not just talking about in hardware stores, I've never seen them in anyone's house or apartment (and I've been in some old buildings here). Since I don't care really and don't have the time to go look for them, I'll take your word for it.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:51 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:16 pm
I have never seen an electric shower in Chile (in Brazil yes, not here).
Ah, electric showers. The only ones I saw in Chile were in a Brazilian couple's house. They bought the damn things from Brazil because they were "missing that tingling sensation when they took their showers". :D

Unless you specifically look for them, it's pretty safe to assume that all Chilean houses will have gas-heatened showers.

Your move in date might be a bit tricky, as Chileans usually don't advertise rental places that far in advance. Looking for a place 2-3 months in advance seems to be the norm and you might have a pretty hard time finding a place over six months in advance.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:05 pm

The only places I've heard of them in Chile are the replacements in buildings in Santiago that failed gas inspection which are almost always separated a ways from the baño/shower facilities of that depto. Chile seems to be a gas tank country when it comes to califonts.

IMO, I like the fact that outside of the limited central gas lines of Santiasco, the rest of Chile relies on those ubiquitous liquified gas tanks which greatly diminishes the impact of an ELECTRICITY CUTTING earthquake or other natural event. Never heard anyone comment on that before but it is indeed true.

ALSO, I dig the local culture and economy of almacenes scattered in all parts of every lower to middle class community as they too minimize the impact of disasters as many opened to sell goods to the locals the day of 27F if they were not in a chaotic area like parts of Concepcion etc. (another thing I've never seen analysts comment on).
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat