For those toilet-less masses in India

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador

For those toilet-less masses in India

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:20 pm

I have personally tried this el cheapo toilet myself and it flushes with only 200 ml bottle of water! Take the D'''mp and see it flushes away leaving no odor. I don't think the inhabitants of el campo in Chile would need one but remembering in the remote part of Peruvian Andes region people still needing to use a Latrine built over a hole in the ground and it is in fact very stinky!

Lixil Group of Japan. Has been working in giving those poh' people that can not afford to build a flush toilet in their country.
For a misery cost of US$2~$5 bucks per toilet bowl now they no longer have to into the bushes to take a dump! Lixil makes a lot of fancy toilets, but its new SaTo (safe toilet ) model (part funded by the Gates Foundation) is for places without sewers, where lack of sanitation is causing disease and death.

The Japanese toilet giant Lixil counts brands like Grohe and American Standard in its portfolio, and it’s known for fancy, automated johns that some compare to iPhones for engineering quality. But it’s the SaTo (“Safe Toilet”) division of the company that could have the widest impact in the world.

SaTo is the name of a low-cost toilet first developed with American Standard, with financial support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Designed for parts of the world where there are no sewer systems, the SaTo has sold more than 1 million units so far, encouraging Lixil to think bigger. It’s now turning SaTo into its own division, with a mission to spread cheap-but-effective toilets to the 2.5 billion in the world who still lack them.
https://www.fastcompany.com/3065479/a-g ... o-lack-one

Toilet pics: http://www.sato.lixil.com/
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: For those toilet-less masses in India

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:28 pm

The surprising truth of open defecation in India | Sangita Vyas | TEDxWalledCity
Published on Jul 31, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V35Vw29tay0
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:30 pm

SanDeep Gupta asks Sangita, Will you marry me, if you do, I will make you the most happy wife in a whole of India. Then she asks back, if I marry you, would you provide a enclosed toilet with running water? That is the reality in India, there are no toilets not even a latrine. In order to relief yourself, you have got to hit the dense bushes then squat down to doin' your defecation, oh and forget the roll of paper, they don't exist so bring a bucket-full of water to wash your hands after with!

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:34 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:30 pm
SanDeep Gupta asks Sangita, Will you marry me, if you do, I will make you the most happy wife in a whole of India. Then she asks back, if I marry you, would you provide a enclosed toilet with running water? That is the reality in India, there are no toilets not even a latrine. In order to relief yourself, you have got to hit the dense bushes then squat down to doin' your defecation, oh and forget the roll of paper, they don't exist so bring a bucket-full of water to wash your hands after with!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Another shitty country.! I'll make sure not to shake hands with hindis.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:00 pm

Gloria wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:34 pm
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:30 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Another shitty country.! I'll make sure not to shake hands with hindis.

Then there are no spoons to use in order to eat the Comida. Indians often say, eatin' with your fingers are the more palatable the foods taste. And of course, without washing the hands after takin' that reliefing dump!