Searching for best projects.. Opinions Please?

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
Julito

Re: Searching for best projects.. Opinions Please?

Post by Julito » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:56 pm

There is a good authentic Thai restaurant in Valdivia run by 3 Thai guys. The story is they jumped off a ship some years back. They say they're from Bangkok but what they serve isn't Royal Thai food, ie. from around Bangkok. My figuring is they're from somewhere inland up North because they steer clear of seafood, it's "never available". Regardless, their food is the most authentic Thai I've had anywhere in Chile by a country mile.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:17 am

Julito wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:08 pm
Chilean sushi, as much as I've tried to come at it ain't Japanese sushi. Apart from the seaweed wrap and rice the combinations have been modified to local tastes and beyond that further bastardised into a local chef's "creations". If it sells, ok for the locals if they like it but I've yet to find the traditional Jap accompaniment, wasabi sauce.
Yep, and I am p-a-r-a-n-o-i-d at how every Tomas, Pene y Geraldo establishment is pumping out sushi. Parasites and food poisoning at your own risk for the wanna be cuico brave who overpay for horrendous imitations of the real stuff. And yeah, you need to insist on the green paste or it is not included as Chileans just use cheap burned water liquid false soy sauce on it or the crappy tasting toxic cheap chino soy sauce. And enough of the cream cheese crap already!

Since I am not rich to go to Santiago whenever for the real stuff, I stick to sashimi using factory frozen salmon, reineta or corvina with my brought from the States supply of wasabi and Kikkoman soy sauce.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

AnciaVagar

Post by AnciaVagar » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:24 am

Considering the economic demographics of Chile, there may be opportunities for self service "laundromats" in the right areas, but I don't know if they are already commonly available.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:29 am

AnciaVagar wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:24 am
Considering the economic demographics of Chile, there may be opportunities for self service "laundromats" in the right areas, but I don't know if they are already commonly available.
I can already see the crime wave of vandalism to late night holdups by drug deranged flaites. Probably work in controlled highly trafficked public areas though. Might want to market it based on laundromat scenes from famous USA flicks.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:42 am

AnciaVagar wrote:
I thought the same thing, but I wasn't sure about the safety, maintenance, guarding, misused costs... so I thought if I will do something like that, it should not be self service.

Thank you so much for sharing the idea...

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:44 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:29 am
AnciaVagar wrote:
I can already see the crime wave of vandalism to late night holdups by drug deranged flaites. Probably work in controlled highly trafficked public areas though. Might want to market it based on laundromat scenes from famous USA flicks.
I just wrote the same thing.. almost :)

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:49 pm

Unattended self-service laundromats? Nah. If they were coin-op machines, the cash boxes would not last long.
Plus Vagos would use the premises for drinking, sleeping and everything else.. Plus the inevitable vandalism and graffiti. Plus misuse and abuse of the machines, like not emptying pockets before washing, or by overloading, or washing inappropriate items. Apparently chewing gum is a big problem with those dryers.

Here's another somewhat uncool business idea that seems to be working well in some areas in the USA, but has no chance here....

Just like these...can you guess why they never caught on in most places??
newspaper vending.jpg
Après moi, le déluge

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Julito wrote:
Chilean sushi, as much as I've tried to come at it ain't Japanese sushi. Apart from the seaweed wrap and rice the combinations have been modified to local tastes and beyond that further bastardised into a local chef's "creations". If it sells, ok for the locals if they like it but I've yet to find the traditional Jap accompaniment, wasabi sauce.
Reminds me of when I was working in France, you never get a bad meal in France but after 6 months I was absolutely hanging out for something Asian spicy. The French were in Vietnam so figured there had to be Vietnamese restaurants around and there were, but I was warned. The Viet restaurants it turned out had modified everything to French tastes. So the number of Vietnamese immigrants never got to the critical mass needed to sustain its own tastes in food or indeed win sufficient numbers of French patrons over to their authentic food.
Japanese authentic Sushi establishment in Chile? I have tried afew in Santiasco area. The establishment owned and operated by real Japanese personnels. Especially the Sushi making chefs has to be trained in Japan or taught directly by Sushi chefs is a must. Here in CA either in LA or Nor Cal area, there are Sushi joints popping up everywhere. They all brandishing a Japanese name but when I go in and see the Sushi made by Chinese or Koreans then tasting it 9 out of 10 not good! Chinese and Korean restaurants all switching to Sushi serving overnight.! I asked one Chinese owner as to why he changed his Chinese cuisine to Sushi catering, he said, I can charge way more for Sushi as to Chinese dishes! Plus he said, white folks don't know the diff...
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Aymen

Post by Aymen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:09 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:49 pm
Unattended self-service laundromats? Nah. If they were coin-op machines, the cash boxes would not last long.
Plus Vagos would use the premises for drinking, sleeping and everything else.. Plus the inevitable vandalism and graffiti. Plus misuse and abuse of the machines, like not emptying pockets before washing, or by overloading, or washing inappropriate items. Apparently chewing gum is a big problem with those dryers.

Here's another somewhat uncool business idea that seems to be working well in some areas in the USA, but has no chance here....

Just like these...can you guess why they never caught on in most places??
newspaper vending.jpg
100% Agreed...

I think a laundry with an employee will be much better...even with delivery and pick up from buildings if needed.. What do you think?

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:42 pm

I think a laundry with an employee will be much better...even with delivery and pick up from buildings if needed.. What do you think?
Those businesses already exist, it was the self-service concept that doesn't exist for the previous mentioned reasons.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

AnciaVagar

Post by AnciaVagar » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:33 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:49 pm
Then there's this:
https://www.cnet.com/news/the-mad-tale- ... francisco/#
A leftist utopian dream come true: tweaker chop shops, public infrastructure abuse, vandalism, gaming the system, gig worker exploitation, and heavy government regulation. Try reading San Francisco's permit requirements.

Abandoned property will disappear quickly. Watch for bargain re-sales.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:20 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:17 am
Julito wrote:
Yep, and I am p-a-r-a-n-o-i-d at how every Tomas, Pene y Geraldo establishment is pumping out sushi. Parasites and food poisoning at your own risk for the wanna be cuico brave who overpay for horrendous imitations of the real stuff. And yeah, you need to insist on the green paste or it is not included as Chileans just use cheap burned water liquid false soy sauce on it or the crappy tasting toxic cheap chino soy sauce. And enough of the cream cheese crap already!

Since I am not rich to go to Santiago whenever for the real stuff, I stick to sashimi using factory frozen salmon, reineta or corvina with my brought from the States supply of wasabi and Kikkoman soy sauce.
😀This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking about Sushi in Chile, after I read that post.
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile