A New Member's 1st Post (But Not My Last)

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

NoelJ_88

Re: A New Member's 1st Post (But Not My Last)

Post by NoelJ_88 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:14 am

chesswolf wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:03 pm
Hey there,

My wife and I (and two young children) are US citizens and live just outside of Conce in San Pedro de la Paz. If we can help you figure anything out, please let me know.

We love the service from Movistar for cell phones. Seems to be great coverage at a decent price. After being one month of prepaid plan you can easily upgrade to an automatically renewing prepaid plan with good rates. My wife had WOM but didn't like their coverage. Get your phone here since you aren't picky. My cheap chilean phone works better than my wife's iphone from the US. As for laptops, I understood what I was getting in the US better than if I tried to buy something here so I'd recommend bring a laptop with you. Yes prices here are better than they were but I think you get better variety at better prices in the US.
Thanks so much for the kind reply and the information. We're going to be living in that little "spit" of Concepcion that lies along the river just to the east of you.

NoelJ_88

Re: A New Member's 1st Post (But Not My Last)

Post by NoelJ_88 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:17 am

Thx @David_Bro and Britkid!