What would you want with land in Chile ?

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
41southchile

Re: What would you want with land in Chile ?

Post by 41southchile » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:12 am

hlf2888 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:05 am
41southchile wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 11:51 am
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:40 pm
I thought that the " EL LECHERO" did this Finca lot of his, subdivision years ago? Is this a new venture thingy going on? yeah, I'm all on this
Utopian village scheme. Go on, build that perfect loteo ..Someday wanting to slip overnight up in the tree house !...
Ah, but it was me all along, EL LECHERO. I talked about it when I was still struggling away with my 100 or so cows, but then saw the light and decided there was a better way. I dont really believe in Utopia but certainly dont want to live in a dystopia, and believe in a better way of doing things or at least some form of continuous improvement.
Hello El Lechero... why did you change your name to 41southchile?
Hola, I cant rememebr now exactly, I think it was becuse I was no longer a lechero :D and also couldnt remember my password, maybe I could of reset it I guess, I was also using 41southchile for other stuff, instagram etc.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:13 pm

41southchile wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:12 am
hlf2888 wrote:
41southchile wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
I thought that the " EL LECHERO" did this Finca lot of his, subdivision years ago? Is this a new venture thingy going on? yeah, I'm all on this
Utopian village scheme. Go on, build that perfect loteo ..Someday wanting to slip overnight up in the tree house !...
Ah, but it was me all along, EL LECHERO. I talked about it when I was still struggling away with my 100 or so cows, but then saw the light and decided there was a better way. I dont really believe in Utopia but certainly dont want to live in a dystopia, and believe in a better way of doing things or at least some form of continuous improvement.
Hola, I cant rememebr now exactly, I think it was becuse I was no longer a lechero :D and also couldnt remember my password, maybe I could of reset it I guess, I was also using 41southchile for other stuff, instagram etc.
OK, let say if you divvying all up into 5000m lotes, how many 1/2 hectare lots are you able to purge-out from your once 100 vacas finca?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:53 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:13 pm
41southchile wrote:
hlf2888 wrote:
41southchile wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
OK, let say if you divvying all up into 5000m lotes, how many 1/2 hectare lots are you able to purge-out from your once 100 vacas finca?
The idea is not everything is divided up into 5000 sqm lots, it's good to have a mix, there will be green space which will be like a living fence as it's all trees along the boundary, about 20 hectares and there will be larger Parcelas of 9000 sqm.
Plus a few Parcelas are not going to be sold off around where we live, as we will reserve some area for food production and other products we can eventually sell to the people that will live here, or lot owners can invest in projects in those areas if they want, plus the idea is hopefully a few people will buy three or four together to have a couple of hectares for themselves.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:44 pm

41southchile wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:53 pm
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:13 pm
41southchile wrote:
hlf2888 wrote:
41southchile wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
The idea is not everything is divided up into 5000 sqm lots, it's good to have a mix, there will be green space which will be like a living fence as it's all trees along the boundary, about 20 hectares and there will be larger Parcelas of 9000 sqm.
Plus a few Parcelas are not going to be sold off around where we live, as we will reserve some area for food production and other products we can eventually sell to the people that will live here, or lot owners can invest in projects in those areas if they want, plus the idea is hopefully a few people will buy three or four together to have a couple of hectares for themselves.
Great, love your entrepreneur-like spirit. Wishing your venture much success..Build that Tree House ASAP so to reserve a night or two !
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:41 pm

41southchile wrote:
I'll tell you what I won't be doing, is hiring promotadoras.

Yeah it was cheesy, like used car salesman at a conference in Vegas, I don't mean to keep going on about the sexy girls as it makes me sound like a dirty ol man, but honestly what is the point of them in 2018 at a real estate expo, ...
Your objection is to have sexy girls in a real estate expo, but they are OK in a car show? They would have been OK in 2017?

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Not really at Autoshows either, the objection I have is they are superfluous, they have no knowledge of what they are selling and are wasting my time when I am looking to purchase. I've always laughed at them since I first saw them used in this way, not the girls personally but the people and companies that use them. If that is the most imaginative marketing that they can come up with , I kind of feel like why even bother with you, unless it's something I actually really need and can't avoid it .

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:11 pm

41southchile wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:07 pm
Not really at Autoshows either, the objection I have is they are superfluous, they have no knowledge of what they are selling and are wasting my time when I am looking to purchase. I've always laughed at them since I first saw them used in this way, not the girls personally but the people and companies that use them. If that is the most imaginative marketing that they can come up with , I kind of feel like why even bother with you, unless it's something I actually really need and can't avoid it .
Because those shows are geared toward mostly males and males have the tendency to lose any and every sense when it comes to female plastic "surgerized" bodily parts. After all sex sells in one way or another.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Gloria wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:11 pm
41southchile wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Because those shows are geared toward mostly males and males have the tendency to lose any and every sense when it comes to female plastic "surgerized" bodily parts. After all sex sells in one way or another.
Yeah I can understand the logic and marketing at Autoshows, if you are just buying something small (or even big if a middle aged man feels the need to make up for an unsatisfied life and buy a really inappropriate sports car at age 50) and where generally in a predominantly male dominated industry those tactics appeal to the majority of that target audience.
But my original point was in a real estate expo, where it was young couples and even a few kids there, looking for their new cookie cutter house, do really think any male there as a husband or father is going to make a snap decision to buy a new family home because he got a hard on from seeing some scantily clad young thing ?

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:08 pm

41southchile wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:33 pm
...... do really think any male there as a husband or father is going to make a snap decision to buy a new family home because he got a hard on from seeing some scantily clad young thing ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very true.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese. I sayeth as I seeth.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:13 pm

41southchile wrote:
Yeah I can understand the logic and marketing at Autoshows, if you are just buying something small (or even big if a middle aged man feels the need to make up for an unsatisfied life and buy a really inappropriate sports car at age 50) and where generally in a predominantly male dominated industry those tactics appeal to the majority of that target audience.
But my original point was in a real estate expo, where it was young couples and even a few kids there, looking for their new cookie cutter house, do really think any male there as a husband or father is going to make a snap decision to buy a new family home because he got a hard on from seeing some scantily clad young thing ?
In this case the question would be whether it actually works as a sales strategy, and those doing the selling might argue that it helps sales. Who knows. But you also made it sound as if this was something peculiar to Chile. From what you wrote you did nothing different from everybody else around. It is not as if you called in the moral squad to raid the place.
Anyway I won't go on about it as everyone knows what it's like, most people in Chile just don't even find anything strange about it , just like dogs living in the street, it's just something that doesn't even register with Chileans.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:44 pm

frozen-north wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:13 pm
41southchile wrote:
In this case the question would be whether it actually works as a sales strategy, and those doing the selling might argue that it helps sales. Who knows. But you also made it sound as if this was something peculiar to Chile. From what you wrote you did nothing different from everybody else around. It is not as if you called in the moral squad to raid the place.
Anyway I won't go on about it as everyone knows what it's like, most people in Chile just don't even find anything strange about it , just like dogs living in the street, it's just something that doesn't even register with Chileans.
Yeah ok my mistake if I made it sound particular to Chile . I guess it wasn't the scantily clad young women in particular, it was more the reflection on Chilean society, where the majority of people don't even realise something like sex in advertising is an issue, but the voices that are wanting to change an entire culture are starting to get louder.
Not sure what I should of done different there or what you are referring to with the moral squad ? It's not up to me to enforce what morals people have, if people can't work shit out for themselves that's not my issue. I guess all I can do is say I support those that believe in the kind of morals I have, like is it moral that in a Chilean University with many professors or tutors if you are female and willing to open your legs you will fly through with 7s, where as the girl that might be a bit frumpy and studies hard has to work her butt off for any sort of recognition. Should I call the moral brigade for that ? I'd be pissed off too if I was a female in Chile. Or does that go on in lots of other countries too ? I guess it does, but is that a reason not to object to it ?
It's all related.
It's like if you don't want future generations to smoke cigarettes, don't normalise it by smoking around them.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Anyway didnt really mean to hijack my own thread with my opinions.
Thought I would get something related to our project down here and present the NEW architect of our project, if you do a search online for Daniel Morales valparaiso you will find plenty of information about him too.