Ikea is coming to Chile

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

at46

Ikea is coming to Chile

Post by at46 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Falabella is bringing Ikea to Chile! First Santiago store to be operational by end of 2020. Yey, can't wait!

http://www.emol.com/noticias/Economia/2 ... vOc3RRCVno#_=_

thisisreallycomplicated

Re: Ikea is coming to Chile

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu May 17, 2018 10:51 pm

Just what we need, more landfill :|
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

at46

Post by at46 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 am

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:51 pm
Landfill is where all the stuff from Homy is going to end up once Ikea is here...

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 am

at46 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 am
Landfill is where all the stuff from Homy is going to end up once Ikea is here...
I can't argue with that. But now we'll have Homy AND Ikea landfill :(
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Fri May 18, 2018 3:40 am

Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 am
at46 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 am
I can't argue with that. But now we'll have Homy AND Ikea landfill :(
High and low class landfill..........
It's all about the wine.

Zenth

Post by Zenth » Fri May 18, 2018 7:52 am

Can't wait to see how all that particle board and glued laminate will hold up. Then, of course, there are the assembly instructions that are only drawings.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 18, 2018 11:07 am

Homy is owned by fallabella. Fallabella bought the franchize rights to operate the ikea brand in south america. Homy is fairly new, so it sounds like they are going to fold homy in to ikea, while still selling furniture and such of other brands under sodimac and fallabella.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 am

Zenth wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:52 am
Can't wait to see how all that particle board and glued laminate will hold up. Then, of course, there are the assembly instructions that are only drawings.
You mean compared to the particle board they already sell?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Fri May 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Excuse my ignorance but what is so great about Ikea,? I have seen in New Zealand too there is always rumours that IKEA is coming to NZ and petitions to bring them to NZ. All I know is they sell furniture, but why does everyone love them so mucho? Is it just a marketing thing ? I am genuinely interested to know what makes them so great that people talk about them like the invented sliced bread.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri May 18, 2018 5:41 pm

41southchile wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:54 pm
Excuse my ignorance but what is so great about Ikea,? I have seen in New Zealand too there is always rumours that IKEA is coming to NZ and petitions to bring them to NZ. All I know is they sell furniture, but why does everyone love them so mucho? Is it just a marketing thing ? I am genuinely interested to know what makes them so great that people talk about them like the invented sliced bread.
1. Cheap stuff. Not sure if Falabella's influence will allow to keep "international" prices here but for my early 20s IKEA was awesome because I had little money for the basics in my apartment.

2. Minimalistic designs. I don't want to live among "rich looking" furniture and decorations but that's what they sell in other stores across the world. The only exceptions in Chile are Sur.Diseño (furniture) and Casaideas (items).

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri May 18, 2018 7:07 pm

41southchile wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but what is so great about Ikea,?
nothing
Space Cat wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:41 pm
1. Cheap stuff. Not sure if Falabella's influence will allow to keep "international" prices here but for my early 20s IKEA was awesome because I had little money for the basics in my apartment.

2. Minimalistic designs. I don't want to live among "rich looking" furniture and decorations but that's what they sell in other stores across the world. The only exceptions in Chile are Sur.Diseño (furniture) and Casaideas (items).
We used to use milk crates borrowed from 7-11

at46

Post by at46 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:46 pm

41southchile wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but what is so great about Ikea,?
I love their kitchen cabinets, bathroom furniture, couches that are properly sized for tall people, mattresses/bed linens, kitchen utensils. Everything is really well-designed, works together and never breaks down. Apparently, they're also a good company to work for https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/c ... _so_loved/