Third party apostille services in the US

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

mem

Third party apostille services in the US

Post by mem » Sun May 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Any recommendations for a trusted third party apostille service in the US?

From my understanding...the apostille is to internationally certify the signatures of public state organisations. So marriage certificates, educational degree, birth certs make sense

But what about apostilling bank statements? That doesnt make sense considering many us banks are not public and statements dont have a signature on them regardless to "certify". Right?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Third party apostille services in the US

Post by admin » Sun May 06, 2018 3:39 pm

The apostille is for the a0uthentication of the domestic notary stamp, not the document.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Sun May 06, 2018 6:33 pm

mem wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 12:46 pm
Any recommendations for a trusted third party apostille service in the US?
I had good luck with Washington Consular Services, back in 2011
http://www.wcss.com/services/apostille/Chile/
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

Spudzilla

Post by Spudzilla » Mon May 07, 2018 8:59 pm

It took me several trips to the Department of State in New York to get a document apostille. After obtaining the notary stamp on my document, I had to go to the county clerks office in the county that the notary was licensed, and get a document stating that the notary' s license was current. The first notary that witnessed my document had a license from a county on the other side of the state. I had to request another document with a notary stamp from a notary in my county in order to obtain the necessary documents for the apostille. Not sure it's the same in every state.