Chile's Place in Latin America

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
passport

Re: Chile's Place in Latin America

Post by passport » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:35 pm

I think immigration flows could be number 8 or 9. Not specifically referencing Chile's experience, but it has been a major factor in destabilizing third world countries in plenty of places.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:45 am

In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

at46

Post by at46 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:39 pm

41southchile wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:45 am
Oil from Iran heading to Chile
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ers-dither
Chile is doing a China-Russia pivot, and that's a good thing. https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... inas.shtml

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:51 pm

Despite all our criticism of the ruling elite in Shiiiiile, I'd have to say they do a good job of keeping the Empire happy enough to prevent Economic Hitman tragedy while at the same time strategically maneuvering on the BRICS side of the game (I do see PGE as the southern SA access point for the future OBOR scheme).

I am still amazed that Chile did not get reamed after it voted NO to intervention in Iraq (remember the false weapons of mass destruction post 9 1 1?) when it was a temporary member of the UN Security Council.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

at46

Post by at46 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:32 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:51 pm
Despite all our criticism of the ruling elite in Shiiiiile, I'd have to say they do a good job of keeping the Empire happy enough to prevent Economic Hitman tragedy while at the same time strategically maneuvering on the BRICS side of the game (I do see PGE as the southern SA access point for the future OBOR scheme).

I am still amazed that Chile did not get reamed after it voted NO to intervention in Iraq (remember the false weapons of mass destruction post 9 1 1?) when it was a temporary member of the UN Security Council.
Who would that fat, ugly and semi-retired batterer have down here if it wasn't for Chile? Besides, they did manage to hit Chile pretty hard with that Haitian club anyway. Delayed payback?

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:06 am

Chile seems to be taking the lead in Latin America on many fronts, economically, international relations, stability, rule of law, and now scientific
http://santiagotimes.cl/2018/06/09/chil ... g-network/
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:

Ah the good ol days of the WMD lies, kind of seems almost innocent in the world we live in today, where you pretty much have to treat everything as a lie.
Although thinking back, nah, they were all lies back then too.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:48 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:

That is because you can not find chile in google, and even less in english news. Out of sight, out of mind.

It always amazes me how often chile is completly omited in things like studies, international list, etc, even when talking specificaly comparing south american countries.

Only Paraguay is more of a ghost country in latin america. How many times on this forum have we talked about or even mention Paraguay since the forum started?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:52 am

admin wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:48 am
Only Paraguay is more of a ghost country in latin america. How many times on this forum have we talked about or even mention Paraguay since the forum started?
How about Guyana, French Guyana and Suriname? :P
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:12 am

admin wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:48 am
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:

That is because you can not find chile in google, and even less in english news. Out of sight, out of mind.

It always amazes me how often chile is completly omited in things like studies, international list, etc, even when talking specificaly comparing south american countries.

Paraguay, the country that in a survey was ranked 121st out of 122 countries for levels of corruption in the country.....the only reason they didn't rank 122nd is because they bribed to the organisation doing he survey to make them look better.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:10 pm

Chile is negotiating an expanded free trade agreement with brazil.

http://santiagotimes.cl/2018/06/09/chil ... fta-talks/

Interesting there was 22% increase in 2017.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:45 pm

28 argentina pesos to the dollar, while rumors that three of the central bank commitee members are stepping down.

https://www.df.cl/noticias/internaciona ... 30406.html

First time i went to argentina, was in the middle of the first crisis (this century). The dollar peg had come unglued. It was around 2.0 to 2.5 to the dollar. I was negotiating in mendoza to buy a jacket, and the seller refused to recognize that the argentina dollar was worth anything less than a u.s. dollar or there was anything wrong with argentinas currency.

It was friday night. I just told him i'll be back on monday to see what you think that jacket is worth. It was over 3 to the dollar on monday. At which point he tried to argue that that it was 2 arg to the dollar. Never did buy that jacket.

But over the years, i have seen that atitude of sticking their head in the sand over and over when dealling with argentina. It is a fake it untill you don't make it type economy.