LAN strike or something like that

Chile related Travel issues, where to go and not to go, what it cost, and anything else to get you there and back in ALL OF CHILE.
cr0zzb0w

LAN strike or something like that

Post by cr0zzb0w » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:00 am

Hey all..

does anyone have any information on LAN, and if they are on stike, and why soo many fights are being cancelled. There is absolutely no information on their website..

I went on vacation to my home Sri Lanka, and i am unable to come back as the last leg of my journey keeps getting rescheduled!!!

Any info would be appreciated!!

Space Cat

Re: LAN strike or something like that

Post by Space Cat » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:25 am

The strike affects mostly national flights but they have some silly software: my flight from Valdivia was cancelled and because of that they automatically cancelled my ticket for international flight.

I was going to take a bus to Santiago for it... Ended up buying tickets from another company, also refunding takes weeks.

Beware, Air France is also on strike.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:32 am

yeah cabin crew been on strike for nearly two weeks now, they said they reached an agreement last week but were still carrying on their strike. Basically its the crew complaining over conditions for days off after time worked from what I can workout. According to Latam (or Lan express as domestic part is known, or something like that) the crew already have some of the most generous time off allowances in the industry as it is, compared to airlines in other parts of the world such as Nth America . That airline has been sooo bad since their merger with TAM, I normally fly sky internally now, at least they are on time. Latam in Chile, is not sure what it wants to be, a low cost airline with all the problems of one, without the low costs it seems.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:14 am

Over the weekend I met one English lady who was taking a 23 hour bus journey to Arica because her flight was cancelled, and another who had travelled from Calama to La Serena by bus, en route to Santiago for the same reason. Sporadic interruptions to tourist travel through strikes and protests have been a recurring theme over the last few years and don't help Chile's tourism reputation, especially as its an expensive destination in the first place with a highly limited range of attractions.
Après moi, le déluge

papageno

Post by papageno » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:46 am

Space Cat wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:25 am
The strike affects mostly national flights but they have some silly software: my flight from Valdivia was cancelled and because of that they automatically cancelled my ticket for international flight.

I was going to take a bus to Santiago for it... Ended up buying tickets from another company, also refunding takes weeks.

Beware, Air France is also on strike.
Does anyone know whether non-Chile flights are affected? I have a flight booked for next week from Los Angeles (California) to Buenos Aires, connecting though Lima.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:55 pm

Just flew LATAM 602 SCL-LAX, no problems with this international flight and in addition the ETOPS problem with Boeing 787 Dreamliners has not caused changes for this route but you will notice that the entire flight hugs the land mass instead of being over water.

SYD and AKL flights are affected by the ETOPS issue and LATAM is leasing 747s and/or using 767s on the affected routes.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

papageno

Post by papageno » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:21 pm

767's on at least 3 of 4 legs, the other, LA 7901 (LIM--EZE) might be a 321.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:24 pm

Regarding national flights, I was impressed by my Jetsmart flight SCL-LSC which happened a couple of days after the LATAM strike began. Bought in advance with luggage and seat allocation for less than a cama bus to La Serena.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

alc2018

Post by alc2018 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:40 pm

Don´t Use LAN, I had a trip from Colombia to Santiago Chile- A minor city, They Cancelled de international and the national part of the trip. They reprogramed me at a non convenient time and offer me a refund that takes 6 months to be effective. Im still stoked waiting the strike to end.

cr0zzb0w

Post by cr0zzb0w » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:39 am

Well.. as far as international flights are concerned, the some of the LAN chile flights are affected and cancelled. I got cancelled twice, and i finally asked my ticketing airline to swap me to another airline. (Flights with the tail LA are affected, but as far as i know TAM is not)

Going to fly Aviancia Brazil. never flown with them. so lets see!!!

alc2018

Post by alc2018 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:31 am

The LATAM employes did´t get an angree with the company, the strike continues. 90% of the employes sindicate vote to continue on strike.

alc2018

Post by alc2018 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:31 am

The LATAM employes did´t get an angree with the company, the strike continues. 90% of the employes sindicate vote to continue on strike.