Is this parcela a fair deal?

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
thisisreallycomplicated

Re: Is this parcela a fair deal?

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:11 pm

I can see the value of land here, steadily increasing. But the price is a different matter. I'm willing to pay a fair price. But so far, almost everything I've seen is more than I want to pay. Even after getting used to the idea it's not going to be cheap. Once in a while I see something that looks interesting, but then I look at the price and it's just not worth it to me.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

bones

Re: Is this parcela a fair deal?

Post by bones » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:18 pm

For what it's worth - my wife and I went and saw some properties not too far from that area just south of Curanipe. Just the 500-1000 m2 lots there were being listed from anywhere between 9,000,000 up to 23,000,000 depending on location and whether they already had water/electric. All were accessible by road in any type of vehicle.

To give you an example - A ~700m2 lot that already had water and power lines adjacent to the property, with ocean view, about 2km from the shore, was listed at 19,000,000.

Anything from 1/2 hectare and up around there with an ocean view, if you're just perusing the classifieds, probably at least costs as much as the one you want to buy.

Have you tried to bargain on the price at all?