Temporary visa for financiers question

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

hoperto

Temporary visa for financiers question

Post by hoperto » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:39 pm

Greetings!

I've tried to get in touch with some legal firms (including the one promoted here) and get no response.

Brief intro: me & my gf want to move to Chile for a few years. We both work online.
I'm sure we're not able to legalize the work contracts & periodic income from them (upwork [. com] and simply a private relationships with the clients).

Question:
is it possible to deposit a significant amount to Chilean bank for example (which will cover 14+ months of expenses), instead of proving a periodic income for this visa?

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Temporary visa for financiers question

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:08 am

There is no money in the bank visa for Chile. Periodic income or the image thereof is exactly what the overwhelmed employees of Extranjería are "looking" for.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

hoperto

Post by hoperto » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:44 am

Ok, thank you.
Unfortunately even we do have both passive & active stable incomes - don't think able to legalize it properly due to multiple circumstances.

Is it possible to register a company and "hire" ourselves => get a work visas based on that? (if the annual costs for this are reasonable).

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:41 am

hoperto wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:44 am
Is it possible to register a company and "hire" ourselves => get a work visas based on that? (if the annual costs for this are reasonable).
This "bootstrapping" idea has come up before, I think spacecat asked the same thing not that long ago. If you search this forum, you will find that the answer is basically No.
Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:42 am

Sorry, we are at the tale end of our high season, and more than a little bit busy this time of year.

All of this has been discussed at length on the forum for years, but the short answer is 'NO'.

I think you mean is the "investor visa". Don't use it. It is always trouble.

No, you can not form a company and hire yourself. Simulating contracts for immigration purposes is a crime.

No, money sitting in an account is not valid for immigration by itself. You must have a regular source of periodic passive income.

What is possible is to have have an investment, say like dividend earning stocks, perhaps an annuity, that pays an income.

Some advice, based on what you have posted, don't try to game the system by getting too creative. It cause more problems than it solves when it comes to immigration in Chile. It is probably also why you are not getting any responses to your emails from attorneys in Chile. we get thousands of emails a year from people trying to "interpret" the immigration laws in new and creative ways. Keep it simple.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

hoperto

Post by hoperto » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Thanks for your reply! at last i get this info.
Registering a company and hiring ourselves isn't very creative :) just in some countries this approach works, in some don't.
In my email i simply describing my situation in details cause there is a lot more to it, i guess that scares people :D

May i ask - is there a "default" way for entrepreneurs / self-employed to get a residency? I don't want to buy stocks just for a visa purposes, have a better use for my investment capital. Brief background - activities & capital in tech. Capital - shares is startups (no dividends), bitcoins.

n3b4

Post by n3b4 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:42 am

I want to say we've been in exactly the same boat. We were trying to find a way to get a residence via "rentistas" visa while being entrepreneurs (and yes - it was Upwork). Unfortunately, at some point mr Spencer started ignoring my mails too, so we had to find a way by our own.

It turned out that finding a regular passive income when you have active earnings and don't have any property and legalized assets is exactly that "too creative" way mentioned above. And the straightest one is the TE7 (visa for investors and entrepreneurs), basically by establishing business in Chile and paying taxes.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:52 am

So bitter investor visa persons, did you get permanent residency via that route?

A better introduction than an attack on the sponsor of the forum will get you better responses. Are you the Suzi Santiago people?
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

hoperto

Post by hoperto » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:13 am

n3b4 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:42 am
I want to say we've been in exactly the same boat. We were trying to find a way to get a residence via "rentistas" visa while being entrepreneurs (and yes - it was Upwork). Unfortunately, at some point mr Spencer started ignoring my mails too, so we had to find a way by our own.

It turned out that finding a regular passive income when you have active earnings and don't have any property and legalized assets is exactly that "too creative" way mentioned above. And the straightest one is the TE7 (visa for investors and entrepreneurs), basically by establishing business in Chile and paying taxes.
Thanks for replying here!

Were you able to get a TE7 visa ? if yes - how much effort / costs was in that? Did you use any legal agency or done the things yourself? (that might be an issue for us cause we don't speak Spanish yet).

n3b4

Post by n3b4 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:50 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:52 am
So bitter investor visa persons, did you get permanent residency via that route?

A better introduction than an attack on the sponsor of the forum will get you better responses. Are you the Suzi Santiago people?
What makes you think I am attacking anyone? If it looks like that - I am really sorry, never had any intention to. I don't know who is Suzi Santiago, but anyway mr Spencer can easily figure out who I am with my email - I don't hide anything.
hoperto wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:13 am
Thanks for replying here!

Were you able to get a TE7 visa ? if yes - how much effort / costs was in that? Did you use any legal agency or done the things yourself? (that might be an issue for us cause we don't speak Spanish yet).
Yes, we got it by ourselves. The Certificate of Earnings, bank statement with some savings and a brief business plan were enough to get through. You don't need to speak Spanish (there were so many Haitians who don't either), but it would be better to find someone to help you to fill papers properly (not necessary to be a lawyer).

hoperto

Post by hoperto » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:03 am

@n3b4 Thanks again!
i'm already though that it might be reasonable to give up on Chile and move to Portugal instead, if there is really just no visa suitable for us :D

May i ask a few more questions?
1) did you hire employees?
2) did you legalize a certificate of earnings somehow?

n3b4

Post by n3b4 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:21 am

hoperto wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:03 am
@n3b4 Thanks again!
i'm already though that it might be reasonable to give up on Chile and move to Portugal instead, if there is really just no visa suitable for us :D

May i ask a few more questions?
1) did you hire employees?
2) did you legalize a certificate of earnings somehow?
You are welcome!
1) Not yet. Also you can act as a self-employed individual, if it makes sense to you.
2) No, just a printed copy.