Certified Copy

General topics related to Living in Chile
dmwbmw2

Certified Copy

Post by dmwbmw2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:38 pm

I am applying for Canadian Citizenship for my Chilean born granddaughter.

I have emailed and called the Cdn consulate to ask what they mean by submitting a Certified Copy of the birth certificate of the father (my son) and my granddaughter and they cant or wont give me a straight answer.

For the Chilean BC I can purchase and download off the internet a copy with a written bar code on it. Does this qualify?

For the Canadian birth certificate I have an extra copy that was issued by BC Vital Statistics from when I thought I had lost his original one and then found it. Does this qualify?

Does anybody have any insight in to this?

thisisreallycomplicated

Re: Certified Copy

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:34 pm

dmwbmw2 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:38 pm
I am applying for Canadian Citizenship for my Chilean born granddaughter.

I have emailed and called the Cdn consulate to ask what they mean by submitting a Certified Copy of the birth certificate of the father (my son) and my granddaughter and they cant or wont give me a straight answer.

For the Chilean BC I can purchase and download off the internet a copy with a written bar code on it. Does this qualify?

For the Canadian birth certificate I have an extra copy that was issued by BC Vital Statistics from when I thought I had lost his original one and then found it. Does this qualify?

Does anybody have any insight in to this?
I don't have any insight into what they mean by "certified copy". But it sounds a lot like my experience this week with the US embassy, when I asked about paying to renew my passport. I had to ask the same question 3 times, each time in a different way, and pointing out that their previous response didn't answer my question. The 3rd time they finally implied an answer that helped, but still didn't directly answer my question. This kind of thing happens to me all the time, no matter how carefully and accurately I word my questions. The one thing that seems to help, is saying something like "I don't think you understood my question" or "your previous reply didn't answer my question". But sometimes even that doesn't work, and I just give up. It really sucks when it's something important.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin