Country home rental

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
hlf2888

Re: Country home rental

Post by hlf2888 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:13 am

"In Bokonon, it is written that peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God” Tom Robbins

Just a little bump. The sanctuary home is available from now to October for those who want to try out Chile rural life. Full-time on-site caretakers, picture postcard setting with sunrises over the Andes and sunsets over the coastal range. Gently rolling hills with horses grazing and chickens laying. Walk down to the river and through the eucalyptic forest. Let nature heal you. Description will be sent by pm and includes photos and rates.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:00 am

little bump...All terms are flexible...we want happy tenants. There are now seven beautiful horses,three mares, two fillies, a colt and a proud and sweet-natured papa stallion. As well, there are 7 well behaved dogs and the three kittens and three cats who behave like creatures from another planet. And 67 acres of meadows and woods, a meandering river, and vast rose gardens, fruit trees and olive groves. And the air and water are like elixirs.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:14 am

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:52 pm
I was considering it back in 2013. And I'm thinking about it again now. But it's hard to know for sure, if it would work out. It really sounds like a good thing for the right person(s), and I hope they show up, whoever they are.
Why not rent it for a week...you will only need your personal care products and clothes, and of course, an open mind :) .

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 am

hlf2888 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:14 am
thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:52 pm
I was considering it back in 2013. And I'm thinking about it again now. But it's hard to know for sure, if it would work out. It really sounds like a good thing for the right person(s), and I hope they show up, whoever they are.
Why not rent it for a week...only need your toothbrush and suitcase.
I wish it was that easy. My first problem is getting a good, reliable internet connection. I need it for work, and need to know that any problems will be fixed quickly. Unfortunately, the farther I get away from a city, the less likely that is. I looked into a satellite connection, but it didn't seem like a good option.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:38 pm

ohh

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:39 pm

Our Internet is reliable and worst case scenario you go to town and the cibercafe. 8 kms and use the cibercafe for mega downloads. We have Chile Connectado with ENTEL

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:42 pm

What I have learned, thus far, is nothing is guaranteed. .and to live the best life you can with the time you have.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:44 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:00 am
little bump...All terms are flexible...we want happy tenants. And 67 acres of meadows and woods, a meandering river, and vast rose gardens, fruit trees and olive groves. And the air and water are like elixirs.
River ? Through your 67 acres? Possible to post few photos of that meandering river ?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:08 pm

The river borders the property. Have a bit of land on the other side. Will walk down there and take photos later in the week and post. At this time of the year it has meandered down to a mere trickle and you can walk across on some parts..but you would get wet and muddy. Other parts you would have to wade. It has a name and a bridge named after it.It also has fish and ducks depending on the season. If you visit in winter, it will once again be a rushing river. :) Will message you the map link.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:14 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:08 pm
The river borders the property. Have a bit of land on the other side. Will walk down there and take photos later in the week and post. At this time of the year it has meandered down to a mere trickle and you can walk across on some parts..but you would get wet and muddy. Other parts you would have to wade. It has a name and a bridge.It also has fish and ducks depending on the season. If you visit in winter, it will once again be a rushing river. :) Will message you the map link.
Thanks got it, but better to see in pictures with better definition than the google map view. Wanting to see water force as meandering and not as canal like water pond. A river should be vibrant with current gushing as mentioned, meandering ! Chile should have plenty of white water though? I know that in the summer season, the water current is somewhat quiet despite.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:41 pm

HybridAmbassador... in this part of Chile it is a Mediterranean climate, similar to Sicily. Long hot dry summers so the river is barely moving now. This is the absolute driest time of the year. I took this photo and a video today. It has tiny ripples of movement on the surface, hard to see with my cheap cellphone camera. If you want year round rushing rivers you would find them in the south. I don't like rain and grey skies and snow enough to want to live there, I need my 9 months of sunshine. Oh, yes, I took a small video of the river so you could hear the different bird songs and see the movement of the water, will try to send by PM.
Rio Coipu 18.03.08.cropd.jpg

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:52 pm

hlf2888-san, much obliged for you to taking the time to go down there to take the picture and post it for me! Yeah, did not expect to see a meandering river current in the rain-less summer in your region. Me too, don't like continuous rain pouring on to me either. Like short rain coming down as short squall then see the bright sunshine and blue sky.. That stale water in your pic reminds me of canal water circa where
Gloria-san lives..