Country home rental

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
hlf2888

Country home rental

Post by hlf2888 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Do you want to experience life in rural Chile before buying?.

The animal sanctuary needs a tenant to help cover operating costs. No work, we have full-time, on-site caretakers. Just rent is needed. Someone who loves nature and tranquility and living in an idyllic setting with gorgeous views. Someone who can think outside the box and has a small steady income. The sublime location in el region septimo has a Mediterranean climate similar to Sicily, topography similar to Tuscany (world class vineyards also) no snow or ice, no freezing temperatures. Imagine, sunshine for almost 9 months per year and a brief rainy, misty winter. It is mid-summer now. Azure skies, sunshine that is not filtered through a haze of pollution, balmy temperatures.

The light-filled, spacious, one level home with attached garage has 2 spacious bedrooms, wood and ceramic floors, cathedral ceilings, an abundance of skylights and a stunning glass-block shower. It is totally equipped and furnished with stainless steel appliances and high thread count cotton sheets. From the kitchen windows you can see the sunrises over the Andes. From the living room windows, you can see the sunsets over the coastal range. There is a covered gallery and patio, rose gardens, and organic fruit orchards including cherry, peach, apricot, lemon, lime, quince, avocado, fig and grapefruit as well as olive groves. The air is clean and fresh, the water is excellent. There is no industrial or light pollution and a gazillion stars are sprinkled like diamonds across the dark velvet night sky.

The rent is 310,000 Chilean pesos ($500 US) per month on a yearly lease and includes fresh eggs daily from happy hens, honey from the sanctuary bees, freshly picked fruit in season and rides to town. Homemade daily meals (three) are possible for $200 US per month more. Weekly house-cleaning and laundry are available for $100 US per month. You and your belongings are secure, there are full-time, onsite caretakers.

The setting is sublime and beautiful, the only sounds are bird songs, crickets and the wind in the eucalyptus forest. The Pacific Ocean is 90 minutes west, the Andes, 90 minutes east.

This house will be available between April and October for a trial run. Trial runs are $1000 US per month and include weekly house-cleaning and laundry, high speed internet access, electricity, gas for cookstove and heater, electric heaters and the fresh eggs daily and freshly baked bread bi-weekly. Of course, your four-legged family is welcome and if they had a vote, they would urge you to check it out. No leashes here… all dogs and cats run free and get along. There are 20 acres of meandering trails through wildflower meadows, a leafy ravine, a small eucalyptus forest and a pine grove. You will encounter rabbits, songbirds and the horse family on your walks. The horses may look up from their grazing and smile but they will give you your space. I, their human, will answer any questions, including location and link to house photos, by PM. Please share.

“Life shrinks, or expands, in proportion to one’s courage”. Anais Nin
Attachments
13.12.08 Casper, Xena chickens.jpg
chillin' with the chickens
Brava, Dvdv and Pluma in haystacks r.jpg
the latest arrivals, now playing with the dogs
caballos de mi vecino r.jpg
horses meditating, one watching the human

dmwbmw2

Re: Country home rental at horse/dog/cat sanctuary

Post by dmwbmw2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:40 pm

You are quite the salesman, I would like to go right now!

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:50 pm

$500 for rent plus $200 for 3 meals every day is quite a bargain. How about utilities such as: Gas & Electricity-Water+Internet, and mostly important heat bill in the winter months, per month?
You have mentioned in the past that your "Pozo" is non-functioning? Does it have running water all the times?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:41 pm

13.05 morning mist mountains r.jpg
winter and the morning mist
13.05 morning mist mountains r.jpg (26.74 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
Thanks Gloria. I try to support the sanctuary by writing short stories but they do not pay much. Had one published last year about Canela, my first horse rescue from 2012. Am also working on an autobiography. This is a very inspiring place for a writer or artist.

Yes, HybridAmbassador, good questions. Nothing else is included unless mentioned. Oh, yes, when I say totally equipped that means stove, fridge, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, high thread count cotton sheets, 100% cotton towels. Even a small tv (don't watch much, too much beauty outside). To rent for a month or two to see if it fits would be $700 US per month. But as mentioned, the long-term tenant would pay 500$ US per month. The house I am offering for rent is where we live but we will be in Canada from April until October, that is why it is available those months. In the spring I will build a smaller home nearby.

When we first came here the only rental available was a house in town. Didn't even have a hot water heater. Rain came in the windows (it was winter), dogs came into the yard and pooped, neighbors played loud music 24/7 and there was constant smoke from the woodstoves. It was awful.

Electricity is around 12000 CLP per month and gas the same when using for cooking or washing. But, when nights are colder, gas can run to 45000 CLP a month for the 3 coldest months. Internet 15000 CLP per month, phone 10000 CLP with Facebook and unlimited whatsapp and messenging. Rent in US dollars (while it is still recognized) or better still, CLP. New 60 meter well installed last year, excellent unlimited water and it is delicious.

There is a huge learning curve when you are new to a country. At first, I did not know the good maestros from the bad. A bad one dug the well and used a 3mm hydraulic pipe for our deep well. The water was excellent, I missed it when back in Canada. The pipe lasted 4 years and finally cracked. The standard hydraulic pipe is more like 8mm. But that was part of my learning curve and now we have the deep well with correct hydraulic pipe.
Attachments
Canela and mountains.jpg
Canela, the first rescue

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:19 pm

OK, thank you for detailing the expenses. So if short rent is it US$1k but if leased for longer period would be US$500? 3mm pipe is the size of roller ball pen? Perhaps 3 cm pipe is more efficient and can suck up decent amount of water but I would use much bigger pipe to pump up water.

dmwbmw2

Post by dmwbmw2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:02 pm

3 mm wall thickness!

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:19 pm
OK, thank you for detailing the expenses. So if short rent is it US$1k but if leased for longer period would be US$500? 3mm pipe is the size of roller ball pen? Perhaps 3 cm pipe is more efficient and can suck up decent amount of water but I would use much bigger pipe to pump up water.
Yes, the short term rent is 1000 per month, includes gas, internet, heating, fresh eggs daily, freshly baked bread twice a week, honey from the sanctuary bees, all the fruit and berries you can pick and eat, rides to town and back (no need to rent a car). Where are you going to get awesome sunrises and sunsets, incredible vistas, high thread count 100% cotton sheets (lost the count, somewhere around 800 I think), stainless steel pots and pans and.... horses, cats and dogs to hang out with on 67 accres of land for 1000 per month? The dogs and cats do not come in the house. They have their own space in the garage for now. The horses are right outside the window talking to me as I type, saying "More apples, please".

Nothing is written in stone...the suggested prices are merely guidelines. I will do my best to accommodate the terms and budgets of others. The most important criteria in a tenant is somebody who values nature and tranquility.

Trying to discourage vacationers. Am open to a month long stay but was hoping for a seasonal (four to six month) stay. Someone who realizes it takes a stay of all seasons to know if you want to live somewhere. Someone who does not want to invest in buying until they have at least spent a year or two in the country, or someone who does not want the hassle of home maintenance, or driving or cleaning and perhaps even cooking. Think senior's home without all the people, instead an abundance of nature and animals (and a few people who give you lots of space unless you need them). HybridAmbassador, you might share my enjoyment of walking in the forest and feeling the energy of the trees... Shinrin-yoku.

Thanks dmwbmw2 for understanding the 3mm.

Yes HybridAmbassador, the pipe was not thick enough. And the gringa was not smart enough.
sunset this week.jpg
sunset this week
15.04 sunrise large r.jpg
sunrise, nature's reward for getting up early

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Gloria wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:09 pm
In fact it would be the perfect place for you Rickey-san.
G-san, why you say that? Is it 'cause don't like the continuous drizzling ? Hmm, Tuscany Italy-like ambiance? I may have to visit that region to see and feel it.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Thanks Gloria. :D HybridAmbassador, as I was telling Gloria yesterday, I don't like constant grey rainy days either. Even in the winter, the sun usually makes a daily appearance . Need sunshine, have oodles here. Also, I have visited Sicily and Rome and seen photos of Tuscany. In Tuscany there are lots of gently rolling hills, in Sicily the same Mediterranean climate as here. Like Italy, there are olive groves and vast vineyards. But it is not like Italy in other ways. There are no ruins, no museums, no art galleries, no ancient architecture, no historical sites. And much fewer tourists. And sadly no gourmet meals or 5-star restaurants. If you want good food, you have to make your own.

And there is a rainy season here for 3 months in the winter with brief almost daily appearances of sunshine...But the other 9 months is mostly sunshine.
Attachments
10.23 rosas r.jpg
the rose gardens
10.23 rosas r.jpg (68.86 KiB) Viewed 1829 times
prados nubes flores r,jpg.jpg
gently rolling hills

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:43 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:29 pm
HybridAmbassador, I don't like grey days and drizzle either. Need sunshine, have oodles here. Also, I have visited Sicily and seen photos of Tuscany. In Tuscany there are lots of gently rolling hills, in Sicily the same Mediterranean climate. But it is not like Italy in other ways. There are no ruins, no museums, no ancient architecture, no historical sites. And much fewer tourists. And no gourmet meals or 5-star restaurants. If you want good food, you have to make your own.
Yeah, but Tuscany offers country-side views with its rolling hills and its culinary delights such as the famous White or Black Truffles. One thing your Chile Tuscany like settings does not offer is snow in the winter? But balmy weather is good for taking afternoon naps.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:15 pm

No truffles, HA, miss them also. But the feria sells all the fresh produce for an excellent marinara or pesto sauce. I eliminated Italy from my list of places to have the sanctuary because they had a lot of corruption in the government and the economy, it was a very patriarchal society and the cost of living was higher.

No snow in winter, just grey days with rain. Winters have a lot of fog which makes everything look mysterious. When the morning mist covers the landscape it is a Wuthering Heights kind of day except instead of moors, there are mountains. Here is Xena in the morning mist in May, and another of Canela, the first horse rescue, same month.
13.05 Canela niebla montana mist r.jpg

And siestas are the norm here in summer at the hottest part of the day.
Attachments
13.05 Xena and morning mist  r.jpg

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:35 pm

hlf2888-san, where and which name is the closest or bigger city so I can do some search of your region.