chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

admin
Site Admin

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by admin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:38 am

yea, that makes sense. I know there is a bunch of sounds in languages, if you don't learn them very young, you simply will never be able to make. Even with accent training.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:38 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:09 am
admin wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:48 am
I could see lanuage making brazil a second choice for venezuelans, but portugies is not all that diffrent from spanish. I was there and in three days and was able to read the local news, watch local shows, get cab, order dinner, etc. Never had portugies lesson in my life. It is at least easier than chilean spanish.
Actually, it's much harder for a native Spanish speaker to learn Portuguese than the opposite. Spanish has less vowel sound when compared to Portuguese, so they have a lot of trouble when learning the language. A good way to compare is an English speaker learning Arabic: there are sounds that simply aren't used in the other language. IE. Spanish speakers have a lot of trouble differentiating between the Portuguese words for granpa and grandma, which are avô ("o" as in "ahold") and avó ("o" as in "force"). In fact, the "force o" is entirely absent from Spanish.

Also, it's easy to forget that Brazil is almost the size of the continental USA: it's f***ing huge. There are large cultural differences throughout the country and not everyone is used to dealing with foreigners, specially outside of touristic areas, border towns/states and huge metropolises.

Brazil had multiple finanial crysis in the last century or so, but there simply isn't a culture of moving to other countries among the lower classes. Yes, upper-middle to upper classes have moved out, and will continue to do so, but the financial and cultural barrier is usually too steep. Also, Brazilian culture is heavily influenced by American culture, so the top immigration destinations are the USA, seen as a "get rich fast, American dream all the way" destination, and Portugal, which has a couple of agreements with Brazil.

I'm currently living in Portugal because my wife couldn't get used to living in Chile due to her poor language skills, so the language barrier was a huge factor in our case. The fact that we have access to free-ish healthcare, social security "equivalency" and a reasonable income tax rate were also factors in our decision.
tiago, being Brasileiro that speaks same language sure to enjoy there but in Portugal, you can not to eat abundant Churrasco a la if in Brazil. However, when I was in Lisbon in those days back in the late seventies, ate much of that delicious "bacalau" dishes! And also not to forget the beef tripe along the sardines and enourmous quantity of canned goods.! Also to note, the Vino you get to savour listening to those marvelous Fados, ah memory lane....
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:55 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:38 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:09 am
admin wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:48 am
I could see lanuage making brazil a second choice for venezuelans, but portugies is not all that diffrent from spanish. I was there and in three days and was able to read the local news, watch local shows, get cab, order dinner, etc. Never had portugies lesson in my life. It is at least easier than chilean spanish.
Actually, it's much harder for a native Spanish speaker to learn Portuguese than the opposite. Spanish has less vowel sound when compared to Portuguese, so they have a lot of trouble when learning the language. A good way to compare is an English speaker learning Arabic: there are sounds that simply aren't used in the other language. IE. Spanish speakers have a lot of trouble differentiating between the Portuguese words for granpa and grandma, which are avô ("o" as in "ahold") and avó ("o" as in "force"). In fact, the "force o" is entirely absent from Spanish.

Also, it's easy to forget that Brazil is almost the size of the continental USA: it's f***ing huge. There are large cultural differences throughout the country and not everyone is used to dealing with foreigners, specially outside of touristic areas, border towns/states and huge metropolises.

Brazil had multiple finanial crysis in the last century or so, but there simply isn't a culture of moving to other countries among the lower classes. Yes, upper-middle to upper classes have moved out, and will continue to do so, but the financial and cultural barrier is usually too steep. Also, Brazilian culture is heavily influenced by American culture, so the top immigration destinations are the USA, seen as a "get rich fast, American dream all the way" destination, and Portugal, which has a couple of agreements with Brazil.

I'm currently living in Portugal because my wife couldn't get used to living in Chile due to her poor language skills, so the language barrier was a huge factor in our case. The fact that we have access to free-ish healthcare, social security "equivalency" and a reasonable income tax rate were also factors in our decision.
tiago, being Brasileiro that speaks same language sure to enjoy there but in Portugal, you can not to eat abundant Churrasco a la if in Brazil. However, when I was in Lisbon in those days back in the late seventies, ate much of that delicious "bacalau" dishes! And also not to forget the beef tripe along the sardines and enourmous quantity of canned goods.! Also to note, the Vino you get to savour listening to those marvelous Fados, ah memory lane....
Lack of churrasco will most likely not be an issue. I'm usually the one who does the barbecues, so the churrasco is with me wherever I am. Walks to the sunset.

On an immigration related note, to stay more on topic, there are much more Brazilians here than on Chile, even though it's way easier to get a Chilean visa Mercosur.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:42 am

Things are getting crazy on the brazil - venezuela boarder. A mob od brazilians forces hundreds of venezuelans back across the boarder and burned the camps.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1L40LU

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

needwaterandpeace

Post by needwaterandpeace » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:17 am

admin wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:15 pm
Ahh naaaaa. If there is such a thing, it has a total lack of vision
"Some even believe we [Rockefeller family] are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - One World, if you will.If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."
[David Rockefeller, Memoirs, pg 405]

"We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a World Government.The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries"
- David Rockefeller to Trilateral Commission in 1991

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 pm

That has to do with what exactly?

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:01 pm

Vocero de la comunidad haitiana en Chile pide ayuda al gobierno: “Son miles los que quieren retornar a Haití”

http://www.eldesconcierto.cl/2018/08/25 ... r-a-haiti/

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:12 am

frozen-north wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:01 pm

Vocero de la comunidad haitiana en Chile pide ayuda al gobierno: “Son miles los que quieren retornar a Haití”

If that were only be the truth!! Load up the FACH planes and send the bill to Soros, the Jesuits, the Vatican and all orgs getting paid to disrupt foreign societies.
returntosender.jpg
returnto.jpg
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

mem

Post by mem » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:18 am

frozen-north wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:01 pm

Oy, so a ton got here on a Bachelet subsidized LAW airline, now a ton want to return...but of course they need the government to pay for the return flight without ability to work. If they all fly commercial economy that is going to really add up. Maybe the government should redeploy some military planes to do special bulk trips, possibly direct nonstop flights to portauprince. Hopefully Bachelets visa is still on file at the presidential palace for the fuel cost

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:10 am

So the Chile green pastures in the distance turned to depressing mud pools after arrival and Chile tax payers are left with the bill to deal with it despite all the great benefits claimed for Chile and the 'no problem man' attitude of the open border supporters.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:56 am

Here, you all will enjoy this paper (pdf).

"Weapons of mass migration"

https://calhoun.nps.edu/bitstream/handl ... ll_116.pdf

Interesting it was mentioned this badly written and argued paper claiming that the u.s. and colombia were plotting for a "grand-colombia".

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08- ... n-colombia

Dont think the author has ever met a colombian or venezuelan, and seems totally ignorant of the history of bolivar.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Gloria wrote: Soros, the Jesuits, the Vatican and all orgs getting paid to disrupt foreign societies.
mem wrote: Bachelet subsidized LAW airline
Have you been hanging out with 'needwaterandpeace' ??
have you ever done an Internet search on the Coudenhove-Kalergi Plan? It is the Jesuit-Illuminist-Masonic Lodge plan to merge all nationalities and religions together as one--except one. It is to be ruled over by one religious nation-state (who will maintain their own separate identity and religion). And about common visas and dropping borders,

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14888&start=720#p185123