Nematodes a natural pesticide, need a dealer in Chile

Forum related to everything not related to our not so human friends, including importing animals, buying animals, pets, veterinarians in Chile, animal rescue causes, and anything else related to animals in Chile.
Forum rules
No advertising of any sort beyond NGO organizations or services.
Gloria

Re: Nematodes a natural pesticide, need a dealer in Chile

Post by Gloria » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:55 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Gloria wrote:
hlf2888 wrote:I successfully used a non-toxic essential oil flea repellant on my dog in Canada, now I have to tackle the fleas in the sand around the house in Chile, in a non-toxic manner.
What we like to use for our dogs and sheep's is raw or dry powdered garlic mixed with some "chancaca".Works wonders and our critters are happy. Gets rid off fleas and worms.
Interesting, Gloria. You don't use any other flea med or pesticide, only that? and what is chancaca?
That's all we use. Chancaca is that sweet brown block you see next to the sugar at the supermarket. Is similar to molasses. Fleas hate garlic and if you pour some of the mixture on the dog food a couple of times a week you'll see the results. Plus garlic is excellent for their diet. The " chancaca" is to make it more palatable. Also keeps ticks away......ask my "sheepees" :D
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:57 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Gloria wrote:
hlf2888 wrote:I successfully used a non-toxic essential oil flea repellant on my dog in Canada, now I have to tackle the fleas in the sand around the house in Chile, in a non-toxic manner.
What we like to use for our dogs and sheep's is raw or dry powdered garlic mixed with some "chancaca".Works wonders and our critters are happy. Gets rid off fleas and worms.
Interesting, Gloria. You don't use any other flea med or pesticide, only that? and what is chancaca?
That's all we use. Chancaca is that sweet brown block you see next to the sugar at the supermarket. Is similar to molasses. Fleas hate garlic and if you pour some of the mixture on the dog food a couple of times a week you'll see the results. Plus garlic is excellent for their diet. The " chancaca" is to make it more palatable. Also keeps ticks away......ask my "sheepees" :D
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:58 pm

It is strange. The fleas are common in chile, but like the land we live on now i have not had a flea on our dogs or cats in like 7 years. Even new dogs that we have adopted with signs of fleas, after about a week stop scratching and all flea signs are gone. Perhaps the acidity or something the fleas dont like.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:59 pm

It makes me wonder if the microbes or soil we have locally could perhaps be transplanted to get rid of fleas in other parts of chile.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:08 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
A non-chemical, non-toxic way of clearing up flea or ant infestations in the yard, sand or grass.
Many common, non-toxic substances (such as talcum power or pepper) serve as effective deterrents to keep ants away from household areas, simply because the sprinkling of those substances significantly alters the ants’ habitat by disrupting the scent trails those critters typically follow.

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/antpoison.asp

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:13 pm

admin wrote:It makes me wonder if the microbes or soil we have locally could perhaps be transplanted to get rid of fleas in other parts of chile.
You have colder winters than the 7th region. Perhaps that inhibits the flea cycle. As for no fleas, and you have animals... that is indeed remarkable.