Citizenship, new requirement for time in country

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Gloria

Re: Citizenship, new requirement for time in country

Post by Gloria » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:49 pm

musicguy wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:02 pm
It's been two years now since I've applied for citizenship... Still nothing. My interview was over a year ago, paid the fee in October 2017. Still nothing...
In that case, don´t stand there asking Allchile´s forum for an answer ´cause you "ain´t gonna get it". Instead go the office where you sent the application and find out what the hell happened! You gotta move. Remember... 'If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

snobrd4life

Post by snobrd4life » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:41 am

Didn't see a question mark in his post, Gloria. Think he was just providing an update for our commenting pleasure.
ese ruido blanco es una alarma en mis oídos
Not in Chile for now, but still lurking.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:31 pm

No question mark was necessary. If you don't get an answer from the gov. for something so important as a citizenship application during a prudent time, you must take action. Some people need to be shocked to create a reaction.....unfortunately.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:59 pm

2 years? citizenship?

still too early to panic. those go in cycles as the president has to sign them. still worth checking to make sure something did not get lost in the shuffle.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

SimonC

Post by SimonC » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:35 pm

musicguy wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:02 pm
It's been two years now since I've applied for citizenship... Still nothing. My interview was over a year ago, paid the fee in October 2017. Still nothing...
I submitted my application for citizenship in July 2015 and got it in January 2018 so about 2 and half years wait if that helps....

Parkside

Post by Parkside » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:59 am

I'm tacking this on here, but it might very well belong on another thread. My spouse and I are looking at coming to Chile for a few years - 2-3... but (unless we fall in love with where we land, which is never out of the question) we are thinking we'll head back to the US after my pension kicks in. So we are looking at arriving on a visitor visa and applying for a "Permanent Residency" (renewable annually). Please correct me if I've gotten that part wrong. But the real question that I have is what kind of documentation do we need to apply for the "Permanent" VISA, (I'm assuming it all needs to be translated), and what needs to be 'apostille'd?

Parkside

Post by Parkside » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:00 am

Sorry, should have added this... my spouse has a pension from the US Navy and a disability income, which is what we're hoping to live on in Chile. We're both in our late fifties.

snobrd4life

Post by snobrd4life » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:03 am

Parkside wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:59 am
I'm tacking this on here, but it might very well belong on another thread. My spouse and I are looking at coming to Chile for a few years - 2-3... but (unless we fall in love with where we land, which is never out of the question) we are thinking we'll head back to the US after my pension kicks in. So we are looking at arriving on a visitor visa and applying for a "Permanent Residency" (renewable annually). Please correct me if I've gotten that part wrong. But the real question that I have is what kind of documentation do we need to apply for the "Permanent" VISA, (I'm assuming it all needs to be translated), and what needs to be 'apostille'd?
Need temporary residency before you can go permanent. If you are only going to stay for 2 years, you might as well just get a temp visa and renew it. Based on time it takes to process, that might extend to 3 years. Permanent residency is a bit of a pain to go through if you don't actually plan to stay indefinitely.

https://www.extranjeria.gob.cl/media/20 ... tistas.pdf
ese ruido blanco es una alarma en mis oídos
Not in Chile for now, but still lurking.