Investing in International Stock Markets from Chile

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
Space Cat

Re: Investing in International Stock Markets from Chile

Post by Space Cat » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:36 pm

I'm fine with moving just along the index, so I decided to go 50% IPSA ETF + 10% each for LTM, PARAUCO, FALABELLA, COPEC, BCI. These companies also take a significant share in the ETF itself. But yeah, the total number of good stocks in the Chilean market does not allow to be creative.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Thu May 17, 2018 7:42 pm

Admin, you were right about Falabella being a serious regional power: IKEA is going to utilize their infrastructure in Chile first (2020), then in Colombia and Peru.

"Ikea aterriza en Chile de la mano de Empresas Falabella con tiendas físicas y canal on line"
https://www.df.cl/noticias/empresas/ret ... 61051.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 18, 2018 11:31 am

Yea i am kind of kicking myself for not buying more fallabela earlier. They are crushing it.

The last few months when i have gone to sodimac, i have not been able to find parking, at almost every hour of the day. Filled with construction people durring the day, and soccer moms and dads in the evening and weekends.

By contrast i go in to easy, and it is a ghost town with some the most unhappy employees i have ever seen in chile (if you can find one).

Fallabella's ikea expansion in south america will just excellerate all that.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:50 pm

What's about taxes? I did some research and it looks like:

* shares of companies and mutual funds are only taxed when sold
* if you hold them over 1 year, "Impuesto de Primera Categoría" is used (24%)
* dividends are taxed in the end of every year (Impuesto Global Complementario, variable rate)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Space Cat wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:50 pm
What's about taxes? I did some research and it looks like:

* shares of companies and mutual funds are only taxed when sold
* if you hold them over 1 year, "Impuesto de Primera Categoría" is used (24%)
* dividends are taxed in the end of every year (Impuesto Global Complementario, variable rate)
Better to pay 24% of something, rather than nothing. There is a whole mess of personal tax circumstances that go in to that calculation.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Space Cat wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:54 am
So, I registered yesterday night and played around the dashboard – a bit clunky but fine. The exchange rate to USD/EUR is the market one but maybe I will find some hidden fees for buying/selling currencies.

Unfortunately, no ETFs I wanted because they are not connected to the London stock exchange. But there are US, Paris, Frankfurt, Lisbon, etc. And it seems there are no Chilean ETF-like mutual funds – only shares.

Got the account approved today, before I even woke up.

So how is rent4u experience going so far?

Im looking for anything with a half way descent trading platform. I dont need to do microsecond trades, but something that at least tells me a trade was executed the same day. Tired of the super clunky system at santander.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:21 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:09 pm
Better to pay 24% of something, rather than nothing. There is a whole mess of personal tax circumstances that go in to that calculation.
I hope SII will figure it out automatically: they have all the trading history reported by Renta4 in the dashboard on SII.cl.
admin wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:13 pm
So how is rent4u experience going so far?

Im looking for anything with a half way descent trading platform. I dont need to do microsecond trades, but something that at least tells me a trade was executed the same day. Tired of the super clunky system at santander.
Good so far: not as flexible as Interactive Brokers of course but trades are executed quite fast (5-15 minutes). Their support responds in less than a day.

renta4.png

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Looks better.

Frigen Santander, to find out how much I was paid in dividends last year, involved calling my bank executive (because it is not actually listed anywhere in my online account, not even in the deposits list), that had to call another executive in another city, that a week later sent an email attachment of a screen shot, that was some unintelligible accounting b.s. that I had to use a calculator to finally guess at what meant what, and how much I was really paid. The only thing I was missing was a pencil and paper calculation they used. Makes me wish I could subscribe to a ticker tape machine.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:56 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure where to check dividends but that's because the dashboard has over 40 sections. Maybe they're sending it in the email reports, they send a lot of newsletters by default (like daily and weekly market analysis).

Anyway, the registration takes less than 5 minutes and it's instantly available to play around.

UPD: found them in the monthly PDF reports in "Cartola"
cartola.png

Jaggg

Post by Jaggg » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:38 pm

Space Cat wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:56 pm
To be honest, I'm not sure where to check dividends but that's because the dashboard has over 40 sections. Maybe they're sending it in the email reports, they send a lot of newsletters by default (like daily and weekly market analysis).

Anyway, the registration takes less than 5 minutes and it's instantly available to play around.

UPD: found them in the monthly PDF reports in "Cartola"

cartola.png
Renta 4 is a really good option for long term investment, i think they're the cheapest and also they give you the Cuenta Mandante Individual almost free, which is really good.