Investing in International Stock Markets from Chile

Chile Investment, how to invest in Chile, what to watch out for when investing, economic issues, currency exchange in Chile, and more.
Space Cat

Re: Investing in International Stock Markets from Chile

Post by Space Cat » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:36 pm

I'm fine with moving just along the index, so I decided to go 50% IPSA ETF + 10% each for LTM, PARAUCO, FALABELLA, COPEC, BCI. These companies also take a significant share in the ETF itself. But yeah, the total number of good stocks in the Chilean market does not allow to be creative.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Thu May 17, 2018 7:42 pm

Admin, you were right about Falabella being a serious regional power: IKEA is going to utilize their infrastructure in Chile first (2020), then in Colombia and Peru.

"Ikea aterriza en Chile de la mano de Empresas Falabella con tiendas físicas y canal on line"
https://www.df.cl/noticias/empresas/ret ... 61051.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 18, 2018 11:31 am

Yea i am kind of kicking myself for not buying more fallabela earlier. They are crushing it.

The last few months when i have gone to sodimac, i have not been able to find parking, at almost every hour of the day. Filled with construction people durring the day, and soccer moms and dads in the evening and weekends.

By contrast i go in to easy, and it is a ghost town with some the most unhappy employees i have ever seen in chile (if you can find one).

Fallabella's ikea expansion in south america will just excellerate all that.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.