Job search

General job offers and work related issues in Chile.
Crystalf1

Re: Job search

Post by Crystalf1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Thanks for the advice but im not wanting to stay in someone else´s place and do their daily jobs. I do have my own place with my chilean partner but as he is a captain for LAN, he is never home so im wanting something to keep me busy during the day that also gives me a visa. Iv been travelling back and forth to New Zealand every few months which is now becoming a hassle.

Really appreciate everyones advice :)

Crystalf1

Post by Crystalf1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Donnybrook wrote:Volunteer places don't offer a working visa because it isn't a job. You need a job offer, with a contract, to apply for a work visa. There were lots of summer jobs doing promotions in vacation spots but you have to be linked to an agency to do those. Go visit a modeling agency and see what they say.

I will definitely look at signing up for an agency. Never crossed my mind.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Crystalf1 wrote:
Donnybrook wrote:Volunteer places don't offer a working visa because it isn't a job. You need a job offer, with a contract, to apply for a work visa. There were lots of summer jobs doing promotions in vacation spots but you have to be linked to an agency to do those. Go visit a modeling agency and see what they say.

I will definitely look at signing up for an agency. Never crossed my mind.

Go visit a modeling agency
Oh didn't know Crystal is a model.!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

sqcpcg

Post by sqcpcg » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:27 pm

Crystalf1 wrote: I've been travelling back and forth to New Zealand every few months which is now becoming a hassle.
Wow.... many people I know would give their right arm to be able to travel just about anywhere for next to nothing. Visiting family is that bad eh? :)

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:58 pm

Crystalf1 wrote:Thanks for the advice but im not wanting to stay in someone else´s place and do their daily jobs. I do have my own place with my chilean partner but as he is a captain for LAN, he is never home so im wanting something to keep me busy during the day that also gives me a visa. Iv been travelling back and forth to New Zealand every few months which is now becoming a hassle.

Really appreciate everyones advice :)
mendoza is 35 minute flight, you can do a day trip, have a steak come home, and that will be next to nothing on a z ticket :P

I was at the pub tonight and have been told there is a kiwi meetup night started up informal but involves the ambassador and a number of cricket nuts if your interested!

im presuming your nzder?

Crystalf1

Post by Crystalf1 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:37 pm

im presuming your nzder?[/quote]

Yeeees im a kiwi. Wow i didnt think there were other kiwis here. Yea sounds interesting

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:00 pm

Crystalf1 wrote:im presuming your nzder?
Yeeees im a kiwi. Wow i didnt think there were other kiwis here. Yea sounds interesting[/quote]

you need to get out, go down to the black rock and talk to the aussie owner behind hte bar and he will put you in the direction of some kiwi regulars there!

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:05 pm

zer0nz wrote:
Crystalf1 wrote:im presuming your nzder?
Yeeees im a kiwi. Wow i didnt think there were other kiwis here. Yea sounds interesting

you need to get out, go down to the black rock and talk to the aussie owner behind hte bar and he will put you in the direction of some kiwi regulars there![/quote]

Amazing! zerOns-san always bailing out those in distress and helping out of his/hers pinch...And the wunder-boyz leaving chile, a big loss....
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:59 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:

Amazing! zerOns-san always bailing out those in distress and helping out of his/hers pinch...And the wunder-boyz leaving chile, a big loss....
Looking at it on a positive way, is going to do him a hell of good.
** The gringos arriving in Chile too lazy to do their own research will stop relying on someone else to find their way around**
** The Kiwi will finally reach adulthood and his "carrete's" life will end ( at least for a while)**
** Til now he has been in a never ending picnic "viviendo la vida loca"**
** He'll be back to a more controlled enviroment**
** He'll be force to find a "real paying job" instead of replying questions in allchile.**
** He'll be working from sunrise til sunset just like a mature adult and making real money, sweating his "lomo" off and everything else just like so many of us did in our lives.**
So, it's not so bad after all. He's just going to a new transition in his life...is called......... growing up! Rejoice!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Crystalf1

Post by Crystalf1 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:56 pm

Gloria wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:

Looking at it on a positive way, is going to do him a hell of good.
** The gringos arriving in Chile too lazy to do their own research will stop relying on someone else to find their way around**

Searching on the internet for people who are willing and kind enough to send foreigners in the right direction is not exactly relying on someone else. Nothing wrong with asking for help. I assume thats what this site is for.

;)

JHyre

Post by JHyre » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:09 am

Searching on the internet for people who are willing and kind enough to send foreigners in the right direction is not exactly relying on someone else. Nothing wrong with asking for help. I assume thats what this site is for.
Indeed. Nothing wrong with asking, and the fact that certain members of Never-Never Land will growl, make useless & often rude posts telling you to run a search and otherwise make a nuisance of themselves shouldn't keep one from posting more questions. Part of research is asking questions & seeing if one can avoid re-invention of the wheel.

But then again, the adults here know this & are often willing to provide some constructive sort of answer to honest queries.

John Hyre

uhcstaffing123

Post by uhcstaffing123 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:51 am

Thanks for a lot. i do speak basic Spanish so far that should help.I am not looking to support my self or get rich off this jobs. I just need something to keep me occupied so any low salary jobs is fine.