chileans love mayonnaise

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

gjz333

chileans love mayonnaise

Post by gjz333 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:38 am

this is kind of a funny segment. it is the second part of the show. it is talking about if all latinos feel they're in one group or how they feel about other latinos.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episod ... ron-sorkin
If the good lord had intended us to walk he wouldn't have invented roller skates.

rositakhan

Re: chileans love mayonnaise

Post by rositakhan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Hahaha yeah that sketch was awesome, that guy killed me with his "if you have a jar of mayo in your fridge, just invite a Chilean, it'll be gone in 2 days max!" Just goes to show, they better stop lumping all latinos together ;)

GJJIM

Post by GJJIM » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:54 pm

rositakhan wrote:Hahaha yeah that sketch was awesome, that guy killed me with his "if you have a jar of mayo in your fridge, just invite a Chilean, it'll be gone in 2 days max!" Just goes to show, they better stop lumping all latinos together ;)
Chile has a leg up, in some countries the mayo and the fridge would both be gone. :D

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:26 pm

You can actually get huge bags of mayonnaise in Argentina, bigger than anything here. You don't see it as much on food in restaurants as you do in Chile, but someone is eating a lot of mayonnaise across the Andes. Maybe you see it more "in public" here as there is a real sandwich culture in Chile. At home they must be slapping it on everything.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Actually the mayo I buy in Chile is the one where the main oil is aceite de oliva under the Lider brand or Jumbo brand. They are both imported from Argie!
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

rositakhan

Post by rositakhan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:50 pm

GJJIM wrote:Chile has a leg up, in some countries the mayo and the fridge would both be gone. :D
true enough!!
Donnybrook wrote:You can actually get huge bags of mayonnaise in Argentina, bigger than anything here. You don't see it as much on food in restaurants as you do in Chile, but someone is eating a lot of mayonnaise across the Andes. Maybe you see it more "in public" here as there is a real sandwich culture in Chile. At home they must be slapping it on everything.
Not that I totally trust the statistics, but according to the segment, Chile comes in 3rd place world wide in mayo consumption, just behind the USA and Russia :) Perhaps if we dig deeper, Argentina is 4th?