to locate the owner of land

Buying, Selling, Building, Tax issues, anything regarding real estate or properties in Chile.
Forum rules
NO DISCUSSION OF SPECIFIC REAL ESTATE AGENTS BY NAME, LINK, OR RECOMMENDATION ANYWHERE ON THE CHILE FORUM.
deroer

to locate the owner of land

Post by deroer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm Thinking to retire myself to Chile from Italy. I'm looking for land to buy. How can I determine which is the owner of a particular land. In other words" how to do" from land to owner?

Thanks

zer0nz

Re: to locate the owner of land

Post by zer0nz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:35 pm

You will need a lawyer, best contact spencer global, details at the botem of the page

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:20 pm

deroer wrote:I'm Thinking to retire myself to Chile from Italy. I'm looking for land to buy. How can I determine which is the owner of a particular land. In other words" how to do" from land to owner?

Thanks
Dove' si trova lei? In Italia? Primo di tutto venite a visitare, poi decidirsi e ultimamente.... comprare.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:19 pm

patagoniax wrote:
zer0nz wrote:You will need a lawyer, best contact spencer global, details at the botem of the page
Or you go to the Conservador de Bienes Raices for the jurisdiction, pull up a map of the area you are interested it, find the location, get the legal description, and have Bienes Raices look up their record of the current owner and status of the property.

In the course of this you will ask for the ROL of the property, and the number of the "foja" along with the name of the present owner. You will also ask for the "Certificado de gravámenes, prohibiciones y litigios" which is something of a record of title restrictions but not quite. Encumbrances such as liens, mortgages, easements, etc., are supposed to be recorded on that certificado. Read about the concept here

http://www.chileclic.gob.cl/portal/w3-a ... 85283.html

All of that will have a cost. Once you have the ROL for the property you can also go to the SII and find out what the tax situation is for the property -- in arrears or paid to date. For SII info you can do it usually online but the Conservador de Bienes Raices research you can't do down here. Some attorneys can also do the equivalent of a more comprehensive title search for some of the more difficult cases.

http://www.tesoreria.cl/portal/portlets ... erior=main

That will be $500. Or you can buy my book.

is it a ebook, can i get it from amazon?, does it have a money back gaurantee?

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:35 pm

patagoniax wrote:That will be $500. Or you can buy my book.
That's cheap for good advice!
The way I read his question is: I believe he wants to know the steps on how to buy land here.
Patagoniax, please don't ask why Chile? Most italians love this country. The similarities are many.......
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Hightower

Post by Hightower » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Gloria wrote:Most italians love this country. The similarities are many.......
No wonder Italians love Chile, it is 1000 times better!
I disagree about the similarities.
My sample size is 2.5 years in Italy and 1.5 year in Chile.

PX; I would be interested in that book as well! "A thoroughly incomplete guide", I love it! :D Is there a version for the Philippines?
If you were born to hang, you will never drown

El Chupacabra

Post by El Chupacabra » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Hightower wrote:
Gloria wrote:Most italians love this country. The similarities are many.......
No wonder Italians love Chile, it is 1000 times better!
I disagree about the similarities.
My sample size is 2.5 years in Italy and 1.5 year in Chile.
1000 times better, I have to disagree. Both are great places for different reasons. I do agree that the similarities are far and few.
Living the life!

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 am

patagoniax wrote:
Gloria wrote: Most italians love this country. The similarities are many.......
OK, Gloria, tell us about the similarities. Just don't try to tell us that Chilean and Italian food are similar or we'll know you're lying.
Let's see.....Language. Although each region has its own dialect, "real" italian is similar to spanish. Bureaucracy, is as bad as it is in Chile. Driving skills, equally or worse than here. Customer service, non existent. Work ethics.... exactly as it is in Chile. Everyday life style, identical as here. Dry pasta is as good as it is in Italy :D The " kissy-kissy" greeting part is the same or worse in Italy, therefore italians adapt very nicely in this land :D . And as far the beauty and scenery of the country goes... Italy by far exceeds ( personal opinion) L'Italia e' troppo bella....bellissima! :alien:

El Chupacabra

Post by El Chupacabra » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:52 am

Gloria wrote:
patagoniax wrote:
Gloria wrote: Most italians love this country. The similarities are many.......
OK, Gloria, tell us about the similarities. Just don't try to tell us that Chilean and Italian food are similar or we'll know you're lying.
Let's see.....Language. Although each region has its own dialect, "real" italian is similar to spanish. Bureaucracy, is as bad as it is in Chile. Driving skills, equally or worse than here. Customer service, non existent. Work ethics.... exactly as it is in Chile. Everyday life style, identical as here. Dry pasta is as good as it is in Italy :D The " kissy-kissy" greeting part is the same or worse in Italy, therefore italians adapt very nicely in this land :D . And as far the beauty and scenery of the country goes... Italy by far exceeds ( personal opinion) L'Italia e' troppo bella....bellissima! :alien:

EDIT: removed comments. Didn't want to be rude and I can't seem to write it without sounding rude.
Living the life!

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Ahhhhh.....silly me ( slap on the head), Almighty Patagoniax always wants to be right. Have it your way after all is just another opinion.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:26 pm

El Chupacabra wrote: EDIT: removed comments. Didn't want to be rude and I can't seem to write it without sounding rude.
Unless you want to get personal and since you copy and paste my answer.......

El Chupacabra

Post by El Chupacabra » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Gloria wrote:
El Chupacabra wrote: EDIT: removed comments. Didn't want to be rude and I can't seem to write it without sounding rude.
Unless you want to get personal and since you copy and paste my answer.......
Copy and pasted your answer?? Do you man quoted your answer?

I removed the comments because I didn’t want you to take it personally. I respect everyone’s opinion and yours is valid. I just happen to disagree with it.
Living the life!