Newbie boy from Santiago

Introduce yourself, discover who else is here, and get news and information about the forum. Most of all, tell us what Chile means for you.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

SSTlover

Newbie boy from Santiago

Post by SSTlover » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:04 am

Hey there folks. My name is Andrés I'm 28 and I'm a teacher of English, although I've been teaching spanish to foreigners for the last few months.

I'd love to meet people from all over the world currently living here in Chile. I'd be glad to help them with spanish, in exchange I'm willing to accept some english conversation time so I can improve my fluency and pronunciation.

I'm kind of an old-school guy, that means that I don't go clubbing or partying very much, I'd rather spend some time playing my guitar, listening to music, watching some documentaries, going for a walk to a park, reading some poetry, etc.... I really love punk-rock, grunge music and I've had the chance to talk to many americans in their 40's who attented shows from my favorite bands. I definately enjoy meeting foreign tourists. If you ever need some help do not hesitate contacting me. I'm looking forward to meeting people who might share the same interests with me.

Cheers!

Andrés.

mlightheart

Re: Newbie boy from Santiago

Post by mlightheart » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Welcome Andrés. :)

ausinchile

Post by ausinchile » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:49 am

Oops

boyle

Post by boyle » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:11 pm

hola Andrés, and also Nehita. I would love to go to some punk rock shows or generally hangout. I'd also be happy to swap some English conversation for some Spanish too. I am staying in Las Condes.

SSTlover

Post by SSTlover » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Hey thanks everybody!

@ausinchile check your mail :D

@boyle Sure! I'd love to have an english-spanish conversation. There will be a huge rock festival called Maquinaria in a few more weeks. It's not a punk-rock fest but there will be great bands such as Sonic Youth, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Faith no More among others. I still haven't bought a ticket though. Where are you from?

I hope you all have an excellent week!!

cheers!

Andrés.

ausinchile

Post by ausinchile » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi guys,

We could meet tonight or tomorrow night at 8.30 pm in Los Leones, Providencia or any other place that Andres recommends. Does it work ?

Cheers

SSTlover

Post by SSTlover » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:03 am

Yeah it sounds good although IMHO I think it is too soon. How about friday or saturday?

boyle

Post by boyle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:09 am

Hi Andrés, I'm from Canberra, Australia. I am married to a Chilena, we got married in Australia, but we are having a second ceremony for the Chilean family, on the same day as the festival, so I will be giving that one a miss! Some good bands though.

I am going to see Parkway Drive, they are an australian hardcore band, they play Club 334 on Nov 16. I am also thinking about going to a tribute night to The Clash, which I believe is on Monday night.

I think Friday would be good for me. Providencia is not too far away for me.

ausinchile

Post by ausinchile » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:23 pm

——-

SSTlover

Post by SSTlover » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Hope you all had a happy halloween!

La_Tini

Post by La_Tini » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Talking about concerts... does anyone of you happen to go the Kings of Convenience concert in December? I bought my ticket already, but most of my Chilean friends don´t know this band, so I fear I´ll otherwise would have to go alone (which I hate). So anyone interested just write me a PM!

SSTlover

Post by SSTlover » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:53 pm

I'm not familiar with that band, although there's a post-punk band from the 80's called Flag of Convenience. Anyway, I hope you can find a partner to go to the show, yeah, it sucks going alone. What type of music does Kings of Convenience play? Would you recommend any particular album or song?

cheers!