Please Reconsider

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

drunken days

Please Reconsider

Post by drunken days » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:38 pm

Good Day Admin:

Following various news sources, both official and alternative, as many other forum members at these difficult times do (as I honestly believe), I sometimes still miss many important updates.

Thus, the article recently posted by Reuters (on July 30, 2020), which was quoted by a former forum member (regarding unethical business practices and corporate exemptions from liability claims) was truly enlightening, in my opinion.

I sincerely ask to please reconsider your decision, and reinstate the said forum member's account (niko******), though he did that post not in entirely correct manner.

Please also provide a list of subjects that are currently undesirable to discuss on the forum, to avoid future "suicidal posts" by forum members.

Thank you.
All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste ...

~ Eclipse, by Pink Floyd, from the "Dark Side of the Moon"

drunken days

Re: Please Reconsider

Post by drunken days » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:15 pm

To continue.

I would very much appreciate if this forum could become a community of friends (or at least people who see that they are all in the same boat). Where the understanding that people may have different world view not necessary make them your enemies, but rather provides a chance to revise your own.

Old-timers must remember how new users, when referring to this site as a "blog", were set straight: for this is a "forum"! I would very much want this site to continue being a forum, a forum of thinking, intelligent, and polite members.

Many of us here are self-sponsored ex-pats, who consciously left their former "police state". Are these folks quite happy when an online community is at risk to evolve into an online version of such?

Are there many members here who would disagree? Please say it! I am as honest and open as possible at the moment. I have a really sad emotional state, and this is such a pain to witness some of the present developments in the world.

:(
All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste ...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:47 pm

First, all forum members that have recently had their accounts suspended were repeatedly warned, sometimes for months.

Does that sound arbitrary?

Yep, that is the way it has to stay to keep people with agendas (and bunch with no agenda in particular) from disrupting the functioning of this forum.

I have tried setting out a clear set of rules. Didn't work.

If I set out clear set of rules and stick to them, guaranteed some wanker is going try weasel inbetween the lines to disrupt the functioning of this forum.

Don't mistake us for a government.

We have zero obligation to provide anyone free speech, or any speech for that matter.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

drunken days

Post by drunken days » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:10 pm

In your opinion, are these disruptions of the forum originate mostly because of the way such posters present their material, or because of the content of the quoted material itself (if coming from credible sources)? You know, like gun control, eating meat, high frequency radio waves, industrial agriculture, corporate pharmaceutics, and all the other potentially controversial, "lobby", subjects.
All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste ...

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 pm

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:05 pm

drunken days wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:10 pm
In your opinion, are these disruptions of the forum originate mostly because of the way such posters present their material, or because of the content of the quoted material itself (if coming from credible sources)? You know, like gun control, eating meat, high frequency radio waves, industrial agriculture, corporate pharmaceutics, and all the other potentially controversial, "lobby", subjects.

First of all, your handle does not inspire credibility. At least not as much as my horse avatar :) . Also I have noticed admin has his quirks. No bashing of Bill Gates, no conspiracy theories unless they are his, no promotion of religious cults and no advertising. For a transparent forum that shows the good, the bad and the ugly of its host country those are pretty easy rules to follow. There are many intelligent people on this forum, most of them understand and adjust to the rules.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:22 pm

Ohhhhhh, bashing Bill Gates is always welcomed and encouraged.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:25 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:22 pm
I did it once and you removed my post, maybe you were multi-tasking?

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:29 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:25 pm
admin wrote:
I did it once in June or July and you removed my post, maybe you were multi-tasking?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:22 pm

o.k. all that said,

The "banned" member, actually was not banned. I just forced them to reactivate their account. They can try and reactivating their account.

and I reactivate Rune's account.

but be warned I am not screwing around with this anymore. Stop pissing all over my forum.

I am going to devote about 60 seconds to reviewing and weighing the merits of posts, before banning an acount. simply because that is about how long it takes me to click my way through the menues to ban an account.

Gone are the days of me wasting days, weeks, and months weighing the pros and cons of every bullshit post, of a very small number of forum members, just to have it blow-up in my face a year from now. essentially, I have given misbehaving members way too much slack over the years, and they abused it. I gave them way too much benefit of the doubt, and it has bitten me in the rear everytime.

especially under the current circumstances, I have way more important things to worry about.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:29 pm
hlf2888 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:25 pm
admin wrote:
I did it once in June or July and you removed my post, maybe you were multi-tasking?
well, let me put it this way.

bashing bill gates for shit he has actually done, and there is plenty he has done. No need to make it up.

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:31 pm

I hope you are not using Snopes for validation... used to be my go-to source but they have been compromised.