coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: coronavirus (COVID-19) in Chile

Post by admin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:09 pm

FYI, the number of tests completed by labs and not yet notified to the patient are being published each day, and have for a couple weeks now.

so, these stories people waiting weeks for notifications is pure bullshit.

I seen the story too of the asshole claiming he did not get results after 4 weeks. well, after a week or so, time to get off your ass and go get another test. what he was waiting for was his government unemployment payment, not a test.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

scandinavian

Post by scandinavian » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:46 pm

The article I linked to a few days ago refers to a study by the Universidad de Chile. The author states the following:

Se trata del informe Evolución de los tiempos de acceso al sistema de salud entre semanas epidemiológicas, el cual siguió a 46 mil personas para conocer su situación desde que desarrollaron sintomatología de Covid-19 hasta la entrega de las pruebas para detectarla.

En conversación con Expreso Bío Bío, la académica de la Escuela de Salud Pública de la universidad, María Soledad Martínez, afirmó que el estudio arrojó que 33% de las personas que se realizan el examen reciben los resultados 14 días o más después de presentar síntomas.

So, they followed 46K people to see when they were notified of the results...
Now, the article is from 12th of June, so hopefully this has improved since, but we don't actually know.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:28 pm

scandinavian wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:46 pm
The article I linked to a few days ago refers to a study by the Universidad de Chile. The author states the following:

Se trata del informe Evolución de los tiempos de acceso al sistema de salud entre semanas epidemiológicas, el cual siguió a 46 mil personas para conocer su situación desde que desarrollaron sintomatología de Covid-19 hasta la entrega de las pruebas para detectarla.

En conversación con Expreso Bío Bío, la académica de la Escuela de Salud Pública de la universidad, María Soledad Martínez, afirmó que el estudio arrojó que 33% de las personas que se realizan el examen reciben los resultados 14 días o más después de presentar síntomas.

Now, the article is from 12th of June, so hopefully this has improved since, but we don't actually know.
the bio bio???

so, they manged in real time to get informed consent on 46,000 people's tests?

o.k.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

scandinavian

Post by scandinavian » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:46 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:28 pm
scandinavian wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:46 pm

the bio bio???

so, they manged in real time to get informed consent on 46,000 people's tests?

o.k.
No, Universidad de Chile...
https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... nasa.shtml

As mentioned, then it does not say when the study was carried out. Hopefully the delay has been reduced, but nobody asks the minister about it, even though anybody can see that traceability is impossible if there is such a long time between test and result

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:18 am

watch the bio bio reporting.

They can do some really good stuff, but there is a bunch of reporters with a strong political communist/ anti-government bend to to their reporting that even their mostly left leaning readers will occassionally call them out for going over the top spinning their anti-government B.S.

notice the incredibly strong emphasis on fonasa vs. isapre in that article?

That was also right at the height of the push by the left to do anything they could to get rid of Mañalich. medical association was leading the charge.

It is illegal, without full consent of the patient, to even have access to that data. Getting it from 47,000 people, in real time, in a scientifically verifiable manner, I find about as likely as getting access to the health records of Santa clause. Especially considering the number of total tests that had been completed prior to that. when exactly did they do it? where is the link to the actual study?

I as yet to encounter anyone that has waited more than 48 hours, and most of our friends and family got results in less than 12.

So I would take that with more than a grain of salt, more like a frigen truckload of salt.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:28 am

speaking of verifying things.

here is a terrifying potential discovery that needs verifying. researchers in spain have potentially detected covid in March 2019, in waist water samples.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2 ... china/amp/

now, that is such an odd-ball bit of data, I really want to see the follpw-up on that; but, if verified, this sucker is far more stealth than anyone realized.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:31 am

scandinavian wrote:
The article I linked to a few days ago refers to a study by the Universidad de Chile.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... nasa.shtml

As mentioned, then it does not say when the study was carried out.
Here is a link to the article, if anybody wants to read it.

Informe COVID ¿Estamos llegando a tiempo?

Miércoles 10 de Junio, 2020

Nuevo informe destacada el atraso en la entrega de los resultados y la diferencia entre el tiempo de espera de los afiliados a Fonasa e Isapres. Documento generado a partir del Monitoreo Nacional de Síntomas y Prácticas COVID-19 en Chile (MOVID-19)

http://www.saludpublica.uchile.cl/notic ... o-a-tiempo

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:34 am

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:27 pm

My daughter's test results arrived after about 1.5 days in La Serena, as of about 10 days ago.

Yes, I believe I saw something in the BBC about the virus being detected in sewage in Italy. Ah, here it is: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53106444. But Spain in March is a bit of a change of story!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:43 pm

Government Report:

4,406 new cases, 267,766 total confirmed cases

34,364 active cases

499 tests pending notification in labs

279 new deaths, 5,347 total deaths (as reported to the civil register in the last 24 hour)

267 ventilators

2,090 in icu, 1,741 ventilators, 419 critical

17,944 tests conducted, 1,061,274 total tests completed

FYI, the health minister was MIA from the press conference today. No explanation given.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:46 pm

They got called out by the reporters for not including as promised a stastical breakdown of "probable deaths" in the weekly epidemiological reports.

they say tomorrow they will publish it. which the fact they are doing it on a sunday on a long weekend, probably means there is nothing good in it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:16 pm

I am finding that daily fluctuation in ventilators avaible the best indicator of which direction the trends are going, and that is not good. That along with the daily critical cases, provides a pretty good leading indicator of the future death rates.

obviously there are a bunch of other alternatives to full blown ventilators, but with such a tight supply of ventilators, there is probably a corresponding rise in other delivery methods of oxygen.

Last night, we were having dinner with the family and remembered we actually have an oxygen concentrator. my father in law died a few years back of cancer, and we had him at home for his last days. we bought a concentrator. I am going to go test it out today, as it has not been used in a few years to see what state it is in and if it needs maintenance. luckily my wife's aunt is a doctor, and she actually used the machine on her brother when he was dying so she knows it well. I can get technical support over the phone from her if needed.

One of those better to have it and not need it sort of things, especially as hospitals are maxing out across the country.

The public hospital in peurto montt has essentially become a covid hospital by default as there was a major outbreak among the workers in every department of the hospital.