Curfew nation wide 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
admin
Site Admin

Curfew nation wide 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.

Post by admin » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:23 am

Chile has implemented a nationwide curfew from 11 p.m. to 5 A.M.

Also, make sure you are carrying identification at all times. They are implementing identity checks across Santiago, but also across various regions. You can be stopped at any time.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: Curfew nation wide 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:50 am

Also, people at their second homes (like on the coast) have two days to return.

Which I wonder means more stricter rules starting Wednesday?
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:33 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:50 am
Also, people at their second homes (like on the coast) have two days to return.

Which I wonder means more stricter rules starting Wednesday?
no that is to contain the rotos from los condes spreading their dieses all over the country.

I think they should call the military, isolate north east Santiago in a strict quarantine, forever. well, perhaps check on the zombies after 28 days to see if they have finished eating each other.

PDT_Armataz_01_41 PDT_Armataz_01_40 :lol:

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:37 pm

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:38 pm

El Ministro de Salud, Jaime Mañalich, anunció las siguientes medidas sanitarias decretadas por el Presidente Sebastián Piñera para enfrentar la propagacion del Coronavirus en el país:

Cuarentena en la localidad Puerto Williams: Se prohíbe el ingreso y salida de cualquier persona, a excepción de quienes transporten carga esencial, las cuales estarán sujetos a una aduana sanitaria estricta.

Aduana sanitaria en el cruce marítimo y aéreo del Estrecho de Magallanes, con autorización limitada de desplazamiento.

Fortalecimiento de la aduana sanitaria en el acceso al archipiélago de Chiloé,con excepciones autorizadas con salvoconductos y para mantener el abastecimiento de la zona. Se inicia el domingo 22 de marzo.

Cordón sanitario alrededor de la ciudad de Chillán: se prohíbe el ingreso y salida de personas, salvo excepciones calificadas con salvoconducto. Se inicia el lunes 23 de marzo a las 12:00.

Prohibición de tránsito hacia segundas viviendas, especialmente hacia aquellas localidades que concentran alta densidad.

Retorno obligatorio de las personas que se hayan trasladado a dichas viviendas, con plazo final el día 24 a las 22:00 hrs. El miércoles 25 esta medida queda sujeta a fiscalización.

Instalación progresiva de aduanas sanitarias entre regiones para controlar la propagación del virus, según se justifique.

Cuarentena obligatoria para todo extranjero o chileno que llegue al país, cualquiera sea su origen.

Toque de queda a partir de hoy en todo el territorio nacional, desde las 22:00 hasta las 05:00 hrs. para disminuir los contactos sociales y facilitar la fiscalización de cuarentenas obligatorias.

Inicio en el plazo de una semana el uso de testeos rápidos para diagnosticar a personas que, no teniendo síntomas, pueden ser portadoras del virus.

Los casos positivos que no cumplan la cuarentena o manifiesten limitaciones para cumplirlas en su domicilio, podrán ser ingresados en recintos adecuados que estarán disponibles a partir del lunes 23 de marzo.

Control policial, apoyada por FFAA, en las comunas de Providencia, Las Condes y Vitacura, para fiscalizar el desplazamiento de personas que pudiesen estar en cuarentena.

Adicionalmente el ministro informó que a partir de las 9:00 de hoy, comenzó a operar un control sanitario en el aeropuerto de Santiago para todos los vuelos nacionales.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:59 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:37 pm
all the new restrictions.

https://www.gob.cl/noticias/gobierno-de ... azamiento/
The virus seems to have done a much better job than Piñera in terms of putting the military on the streets without people freaking out.

In a more serious note, though, hopefully this will help contain the spread. It wouldn't be needed in a world where everyone followed instructions to the letter, but there are some morons that are insisting on breaching quarantine.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:58 pm

At first glance, this curfew doesn't seem justified to me. I think it's an unjustified imposition on freedom. Where is the sense in it? It's not like the virus spreads more at night? Just closing bars and restaurants and ordered not to gather in the streets of groups of larger than a certain number....

Am I missing something here? (have been out of Chile since December).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:21 pm

Britkid wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:58 pm
At first glance, this curfew doesn't seem justified to me. I think it's an unjustified imposition on freedom. Where is the sense in it? It's not like the virus spreads more at night? Just closing bars and restaurants and ordered not to gather in the streets of groups of larger than a certain number....

bunch of idiots were trying organize underground bars and lots of people throwing parties.

of course, parties are best after dark.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:59 pm

Britkid wrote:
I think it's an unjustified imposition on freedom.
Freedom can wait a month, especially the freedom of the irresponsible fools who go out sick or party during an epidemic because they got "bored at home".

I have a suspicion that East Asian countries manage all of this better because their cultures tend to put the welfare of the society at large first and satisfying momentary desires of an individual second. Unchecked Western hedonism and narcissism is going to kill too many innocent people.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:39 pm

The whole point of the curfews, quarantine and isolation is to reduce the speed of propagation to prevent medical care from being overwhelmed, its not to prevent contagion which is virtually impossible in the long term.

As to the restrictions, live with them, you don't have much choice.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

Rhodolite

Post by Rhodolite » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:04 am

ghibll, I've been reading the Chile Forum on and off for more than a decade. Britkid's posts have always been helpful, informative and interesting. The question he posed is reasonable and certainly didn't require your nasty response.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:20 am

Britkid wrote:

To stop idiots spreadingthis thing too fast, (most will get it, just hopefully not all at same time), theres a lot of them out there, and possibly as a protection to stop criminals etc, I think it's a useful measure in light of what has been going on here since October. And considering how many ignorant little millenials are out there think they should be able to do what they like and damn everyone else (even their own grandparents).
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”