Chile: second run

All things related to Moving to Chile, tips, tricks, FAQS. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already moved and those planning to move to Chile so you do not need to learn the hard way. Please also check Living in Chile forum for related information.
GAminer

Re: Chile: second run

Post by GAminer » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:02 am

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:57 pm
I believe you're right. I'll create an account at Reserva de Horas PDI and give it a shot.
Maybe you can luckout and get a reservation for all 3 in the same day.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:39 am

I have asked for a time with PDI on November 27 to register my visa, and I haven't heard from them ever since. Does anybody know how long does it take for them to schedule you a time?

I've double checked on their website already to make sure I hadn't missed an email from them, and my wife is in the same situation.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

mem

Post by mem » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:58 am

I guess this appointment for PdI thing must be specific to the high throughput regions. My pdi is in villarrica and there is still no appointment system. Still just walk in during business hours.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:14 pm

mem wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:58 am
I guess this appointment for PdI thing must be specific to the high throughput regions. My pdi is in villarrica and there is still no appointment system. Still just walk in during business hours.
I believe that's the case, but my research led me to believe that it can only be done in the region where you live.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:41 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:39 am
I have asked for a time with PDI on November 27 to register my visa, and I haven't heard from them ever since. Does anybody know how long does it take for them to schedule you a time?

I've double checked on their website already to make sure I hadn't missed an email from them, and my wife is in the same situation.
My friend received his reservation about a month and a half after registering on the wait list.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:31 pm

I finally got my PDI appointment. It showed in the system yesterday and it's for Monday afternoon. I also got the notification email yesterday, and it worked the same way for my wife.

Hopefully I'll be able to get it all wrapped up soon. I'll write a detailed post with dates and timeframes after all is said and done.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:46 pm

I went to Colina to renew my cedula a few weeks back. They'll send it to Registro Civil Las Condes, and it should arrive by the 20. It's taking about 3-4 weeks for them to wrap it up. I should be good to go in terms of bureaucracy for quite a while after that.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:48 pm

By the way, does anyone have any tips now that this whole saga is almost over? Anything that you would like to share in terms of getting my ducks in a row in Chile?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:28 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:48 pm
By the way, does anyone have any tips now that this whole saga is almost over? Anything that you would like to share in terms of getting my ducks in a row in Chile?
explain please.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:06 am

admin wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:28 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:48 pm
explain please.
My paperwork is almost wrapped up: I'll get my cédula in a few weeks time, and I'll be out of bureaucracy-related tasks for a while. Is there anything else I should be looking for? Any documents that I may have overlooked? Is there anything that you wish you knew when you were on my situation?

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:11 am

Actually, I really appreciate if anyone could share their experiences with SII terms of getting the ball rolling (inicio de actividades). I'll start soon, but I'm a bit unsure in terms of what to expect.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:08 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:11 am
Actually, I really appreciate if anyone could share their experiences with SII terms of getting the ball rolling (inicio de actividades). I'll start soon, but I'm a bit unsure in terms of what to expect.
I did that a long time ago (2011). I don't remember much, other than it not being very difficult (time waiting in line was probably the biggest issue, since it must be done in person). The important part is also getting a "clave" in order to have an account and be able to log in at the SII's website for all your tax related issues (such as creating "boletas" and tax declarations, both monthly and annually). Also be sure to go to the SII office that has jurisdiction over where you live, if you're in Las Condes you need to go to one that provides services to residents of that comuna......at least that's the problem I once had when I went to the SII office in Providencia, they saw my address and said that I had to go to the office in La Florida.

Sorry I can't help much more.