State of emergency and curfews, October 2019

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
Dosedmonkey

Re: State of emergency and curfews, October 2019

Post by Dosedmonkey » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:41 pm

There is a few different angle videos of the Carabineros water cannon attacking an ambulance trying to resucitate and evacuate a man, the doors were open on it and stationary at the time. Like a normal ambulance with big flashing red and blue lights on it. I wonder if this is related to the heart attack death. They really do need to make education a priority in Chile, especially for the pacos.

Just found an article with a letter form SAMU about it.
https://www.infogate.cl/2019/11/16/samu ... za-italia/

They also shot someone's dog that was in their front garden, must be fairly close range as absolutely peppered the poor dog. Luckily one ball just below eye, and about twenty to thirty odd in the torso. No pellets got embedded I think.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:24 pm

Given that most of the state bodies have gone on strike in one form or another during the last month, just suppose the Police collectively decided to protest in response to the lack of support from the government?

All it would take would be 24 hours of "Turnos Éticos" where most of them stayed in their quarteles.

Probably Constitutionally forbidden, but so what. Its no good anyway, according to some....
I wouldn't do that job for their $400.000-odd salary.

More big trouble expected this coming Tuesday is the word I hear.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:36 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:24 pm
Something about another general strike but I heard Thursday.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:05 pm

From Today's Tercera:
coordinados.jpg
En un inicio, al interior del Ministerio Público había quienes alzaban la hipótesis de que los ataques incendiarios y al mobiliario público eran por generación espontánea, pero poco a poco comenzaron a surgir indicios de grupos organizados.
Its taken them this long to discover that the mayhem was coordinated! Incredible.
Además, una vez que lanzan una bomba molotov, luego se cambian de ropa para no ser identificados. Otro antecedente es que los imputados están pendientes de quién graba a su alrededor. Muchas veces, según los datos que ha levantado la policía, piden a quienes portan celulares mostrar lo grabado, lo revisan y si no hay nada comprometedor, lo autorizan. Si no, ordenan que se borre.
Chile's govt. intelligence services have been dysfunctional for the last few years. Maybe this means that they are finally getting their act together.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:55 pm

I suspect the Carabineros have a lot of support from the government and the elite, especially on unofficial channels. They will get a bonus if this all passes, if they haven't already.

Meanwhile trying to find out where it is, in a town square an old lady with walking stick/pole tried to ask a Carabinero what is going on, why the violence etc. And instead of him either ignoring or just telling her the answers he wants, he tried to arrest her for saying weon once, and every average passer by nearby tries to jump in to intervene, as the situation is completely pointless, arresting someone that elderly who was only talking. Basically watching that, no freedom of speech will be tolerated. It comes back to the Carabineros being fatigued after all these weeks I know, but that's just an excuse most people will feel.

Ripsigg

Post by Ripsigg » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:18 pm

Dosedmonkey wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:37 pm
Chile's doomed. Footage of Carabineros arresting a boy. Then the girl trying to film it on her mobile gets blocked against fence, then she dodged out of it, she thinks she is safe videoing so gets too close, then they grab her and quickly abduct her in the van, thinking no one was watching. But all the apartments are watching and videoing. Total illegal abduction which will cause hundreds of thousands to doubt the Carabineros. I just lost hope for a good outcome. That is pure propoganda/reason for an insurgency. They crossed a major line.

https://twitter.com/phillip_molina/stat ... 45921?s=20
It’s clear from the videos I am seeing on Social Media that the Carabineros are goons. The US training is showing its effectiveness. They are truly represent ACAB proof.

Ripsigg

Post by Ripsigg » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:22 pm

Dosedmonkey wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:55 pm
I suspect the Carabineros have a lot of support from the government and the elite, especially on unofficial channels. They will get a bonus if this all passes, if they haven't already.

Meanwhile trying to find out where it is, in a town square an old lady with walking stick/pole tried to ask a Carabinero what is going on, why the violence etc. And instead of him either ignoring or just telling her the answers he wants, he tried to arrest her for saying weon once, and every average passer by nearby tries to jump in to intervene, as the situation is completely pointless, arresting someone that elderly who was only talking. Basically watching that, no freedom of speech will be tolerated. It comes back to the Carabineros being fatigued after all these weeks I know, but that's just an excuse most people will feel.
No, they aren’t fatigued. That is an excuse. ACAB is the reason why they are pulling this crap.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:39 pm

I guess the revolution is not going to plan for the left.

Sanchez confronted on the street and ran away.

https://www.latercera.com/politica/noti ... 04694/amp/
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:49 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:36 pm
fraggle092 wrote:
Something about another general strike but I heard Thursday.
I think was eeuu that asked on Friday how long before they realise this actually gives them nothing? this morning all I heard from different groups and spokespeople on the radio "this agreement with regards to the constitution doesn't meet any of the urgent demands" ,did anyone guess 48 to 72 hours??? 🤣if this wasn't so friggin tragic the predictability of it would be funny.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:56 pm

I said it was a political red herring, think was pretty obvious to anyone that paid attention.

obviously none of the politicians did.

They tried to hijack a political movement, with their own political agenda; It bit them in the ass.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Irony would be, after all this b.s., and years of the left screaming about the "Pinochet" constitution, It is the left leaning voters that reject the process to write a new one.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:04 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Given that most of the state bodies have gone on strike in one form or another during the last month, just suppose the Police collectively decided to protest in response to the lack of support from the government?

All it would take would be 24 hours of "Turnos Éticos" where most of them stayed in their quarteles.

Probably Constitutionally forbidden, but so what. Its no good anyway, according to some....
I wouldn't do that job for their $400.000-odd salary.

There in part lies a big problem, how many police do you think will leave the force in the next months/years ? how many do you think will be signing up to join for 400k? What was that about not a lot of people here not being able to see consequences of their actions? Of course the criminals don't care, but the tacit approval from quite a lot of ignorant middle class people of the violence and the lack of support from government and the judiciary means serious problems are coming in the future with the force, that's not even considering the bs from higher ranks and the culture within the force.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”