State of emergency and curfews, October 2019

National Crisis, Emergencies, and Natural Disasters in Chile; including the experiences of Chile Forum Members have shared in current and in past crisis, as they have assisted each other and Chile. Things will always go wrong. It is how you deal with it that counts, and that starts with information. When things go wrong, this is the place to come to exchange information about what is going on in Chile.
Forum rules
Moderation of this forum will be very strict compared to other sections of the Chile Forum. “Spamming”, “Trolling”, promotion of “fake news”, “conspiracy theories” or otherwise interfering with the dissemination of accurate information in this dedicated “Crisis Forum” will result in deletion of posts, and repeat offenders will have their accounts banned.
Dosedmonkey

Re: State of emergency and curfews, October 2019

Post by Dosedmonkey » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:33 am

admin wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:20 am
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:09 am
I think the Carabineros and PDI in most parts already know or have a good idea who the looters are. In today's local paper, the Carabineros said that it is 200 persons in all the Provincia de San Antonio that have been responsible for the vandalism and looting.
the new press secretary, pegged it at a very specific number last night. like 6400 people. You dont get that specific, unless you got a head count of some sort.

again, not a hard technical trick of you have access to the telcom databases and social media.

I suspect, and sure as hell hope they are just building the cases, they will announce a large roundup. I would not be surprised to find left politicians rounded up, for having even indirect contact and encouraging the guys burning and looting.
Well those creating the criminal activity by social media are more dangerous then the ones doing it. They are the heads of terrorism cells in reality. And I am sure they will be arrested, just as they have done in riots around the rest of the world. The problem is whether the courts see it the same as the PDI and victims, or if they say they were excising some right to freedom of speech online.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:07 am

mem wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:48 am
admin wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:25 am
for example, your cell phone geolocation shows up inside wall mart at 3 a.m., and you don't work for wall mart or your not cop; pretty good chance you were not shopping.

same with the metros that burned. there night be a few guys that were sufficiently smart to use a stolen phone or remove their chips, but the vast majority of these wankers can not resist the urge to love stream what they are doing.

The depression and melancholy is definiatley setting in among a lot of expats that are seeing no soon end to this becasue of a dogged faction of anarchist criminals.
The whole new constitution thing is another level of sadness becasue it means protracted chaos and uncertainty
Yup and Not just ex Pats either.
It's a real emotional roller coaster ride.
In my humble opinion, the left has overplayed their hand and the criminals, (that's why they are criminals because they generally dont play a strategic game).
I think yesterday has been a turning point.
The left has lost momentum in light of the violence, and destruction and feral behavior.
The general public and protestors that almost tolerated the first round of violence last week have begun reacting with disillusionment at the flaites and some are realizing how they are being manipulated and their cause has been hijacked.
Just a theory and may all change in 24 hours but I'm actually more positive than I was yesterday, watching how this plays out .
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:19 am

FYI, getting a court order for cell phone or just about any other record is a pretty easy trick, even in the most ho hum cases. we do it as standard procedure in civil cases for example, and opposing council does not even bother putting up a fight. you just need even vaguely related reason to the case.

Suspicion of arson, etc. not a high bar to hit. I doubt there are whole lot of judges denying the prosecutors search warrents right now.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:43 am

government press conference, they just announced they know who these people are, tracking them down and rounding them up, if they are not already currently in jail.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:50 am

they repeated, these are not rounding people up on the street randomly.

they have photos, names, rut numbers, and they are being held because a judge agreed there was sufficient evidence.

Sr. El Puelche

Post by Sr. El Puelche » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:52 am

41southchile wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:48 am
Sr. El Puelche wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:55 am
Let's just say this-----Imagine if you got the two sides together and the real leaders of those in the government and those in opposition---(yes its fantasy) the top two people, alone, on each side with the most real power to effect a resolution---and they have it all to resolve everything in a meeting of an hour-----who would they be and what would be the top ten issues they both want to achieve-----What would it be for the two sides?

####
2 sides? Yes it is a fantasy, I think someone said , there are no goodies and badies, or us and them.
This is so multifaceted, multi layered, that shit, three quarters of the protestors couldn't even give you a straight answer to that hypothetical question.

Those protesting think they might have a clue, but it's not about no mas AFP, no mas Isapre, eat the rich, new constitution, wage equality, cheap transportation, hand outs, quality education, artesanal fishing rights, low crime, low housing cost, no TAG, more holidays, less work hours, less corruption, less politicians, lower wages for politicians, less police violence, more money for poor comunas, less multinationals, more rights, less responsibility, more liberal marijuana laws, more more more , less less less. Better, better, better etc .

All these actors/pawns , call them what you like, are worse than little children (at least most little children are mostly innocent and naieve) so its probably not fair to compare them to little children).

I did begin to give some thought to your question but it is so hypothetical and presumes so much that I cant even really think of an answer. It would be like saying what religion is the best?

There are no straight forward demands, give them your hand and they will rip it off at the friggin elbow and ask for the other one, there are so many unknowns too and self interests . Just like the original Donald said:
Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.

If you could in theory say find two leaders that supposedly represented some of these people, nah actually I cant do it, "they" have me stumped, and it is such a fluid and dynamic a situation that you might as well try and aim for peace and conflict resolution in the middle east at the same time as you get these two supposed leaders together.

Yes, so right olde boy, never been done like this olde boy, why should we start now, just never done olde boy, let's not even think of it and get on with it, these chaps rather have us with our heads in a bucket and what shall we do? Cheer, cheer, off to the docks, I think it rather time we were all off and back to our own happy hearths and home, yes quite right. No worry about spilt milk and its just water under the bridge, say do you have a light on my cigar? Quite the fantasy olde boy, don't know how the foreign office expected to make head nor tails of it all, do you olde boy, no of course not olde boy, chop, chop, off to the docks, cheri bye olde boy...... Send my mail to London and off to the next one olde boy. Careful with the bags you dirty scoundrel or I'll have you caned, now load it up and here is a shiny queen's pence for you and be glad for it....oh the horror of it all, not any good tea in this wretched country after all....what will mummy say when she hears of it....and they never got the starch in my collars right so no wonder they can't keep the snake in the basket, yes well they'll pay for it in the end, you'll see and well we all know they'll wish us back olde boy when that day comes....its a dirty people these one, just thieves and rascals really, let them rot and choke on their own rotten bread i say, yes and here, here to it all....

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:53 am

I have lived and worked in Chile for more than ten years. I haven't generally paid much attention to Chilean politics. This article helped me catch up on a lot of issues that I missed the first time around....so....for anyone else on this forum who feels like they need some context in order to understand what is happening currently, this might help:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ality.html

RocketRichard

Post by RocketRichard » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:59 am

The depression and melancholy is definitely setting in among a lot of expats that are seeing no soon end to this because of a dogged faction of anarchist criminals.
The whole new constitution thing is another level of sadness because it means protracted chaos and uncertainty.

As an Expat here in Chile, I will admit that although I have made a nice life here since I got off the plane in Santiago with nothing much more than my old Marine Corps rucksack 10 years ago. I am now re-evaluating my decision, because I don´t have the time or energy to put up with this anarchist BULLSHIT. I lived through numerous sismos and watched from afar the protests and violence during Pinera´s first term, but this is a whole different animal. If the Govt. don´t get their shit together and start practicing realpolitik and stop singing kumbaya around the campfire; I have to wonder how long it will take before the expat community votes with their feet if they aren´t already?

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:27 pm

As my income has virtually disappeared due to this situation, have had plenty of time to analyse , so produced this Mickey Mouse chart.
Haven't managed to find a place for the Jehovah's Witnesses, Scientologists or the Illuminati yet..... :D

Note the mult-prong nature of the attack. Nothing spontaneous about it.
'
Clipboard5.jpg
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Sr. El Puelche wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:52 am
41southchile wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:48 am
Sr. El Puelche wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:55 am
Let's just say this-----Imagine if you got the two sides together and the real leaders of those in the government and those in opposition---(yes its fantasy) the top two people, alone, on each side with the most real power to effect a resolution---and they have it all to resolve everything in a meeting of an hour-----who would they be and what would be the top ten issues they both want to achieve-----What would it be for the two sides?

####
2 sides? Yes it is a fantasy, I think someone said , there are no goodies and badies, or us and them.
This is so multifaceted, multi layered, that shit, three quarters of the protestors couldn't even give you a straight answer to that hypothetical question.

Those protesting think they might have a clue, but it's not about no mas AFP, no mas Isapre, eat the rich, new constitution, wage equality, cheap transportation, hand outs, quality education, artesanal fishing rights, low crime, low housing cost, no TAG, more holidays, less work hours, less corruption, less politicians, lower wages for politicians, less police violence, more money for poor comunas, less multinationals, more rights, less responsibility, more liberal marijuana laws, more more more , less less less. Better, better, better etc .

All these actors/pawns , call them what you like, are worse than little children (at least most little children are mostly innocent and naieve) so its probably not fair to compare them to little children).

I did begin to give some thought to your question but it is so hypothetical and presumes so much that I cant even really think of an answer. It would be like saying what religion is the best?

There are no straight forward demands, give them your hand and they will rip it off at the friggin elbow and ask for the other one, there are so many unknowns too and self interests . Just like the original Donald said:
Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.

If you could in theory say find two leaders that supposedly represented some of these people, nah actually I cant do it, "they" have me stumped, and it is such a fluid and dynamic a situation that you might as well try and aim for peace and conflict resolution in the middle east at the same time as you get these two supposed leaders together.

Yes, so right olde boy, never been done like this olde boy, why should we start now, just never done olde boy, let's not even think of it and get on with it, these chaps rather have us with our heads in a bucket and what shall we do? Cheer, cheer, off to the docks, I think it rather time we were all off and back to our own happy hearths and home, yes quite right. No worry about spilt milk and its just water under the bridge, say do you have a light on my cigar? Quite the fantasy olde boy, don't know how the foreign office expected to make head nor tails of it all, do you olde boy, no of course not olde boy, chop, chop, off to the docks, cheri bye olde boy...... Send my mail to London and off to the next one olde boy. Careful with the bags you dirty scoundrel or I'll have you caned, now load it up and here is a shiny queen's pence for you and be glad for it....oh the horror of it all, not any good tea in this wretched country after all....what will mummy say when she hears of it....and they never got the starch in my collars right so no wonder they can't keep the snake in the basket, yes well they'll pay for it in the end, you'll see and well we all know they'll wish us back olde boy when that day comes....its a dirty people these one, just thieves and rascals really, let them rot and choke on their own rotten bread i say, yes and here, here to it all....
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣oh your such a card, tally oh old boy just off for a gun and tonic.
Actually quite a let down really, I thought you had an insight, thought you had sabiduria, actually dont know what I thought 🤔appears you are just another one. Whatever, cant be bothered and disappointed in myself actually for actually thinking You had an insight, anyway that's my issue. Take it easy, have a great day .
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

cali_chile48

Post by cali_chile48 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:38 pm

Piñera's coalition (Chile Vamos) is in the driver's seat for the next two years. The left doesn't have enough seats in Congress to sack Piñera or force a new constitution to be written. Chile Vamos has close to 50% in both chambers of Congress, so with some astute negotiating and deal-making, they should be able to get some legislation through. This hasn't been a priority in recent years for many of the politicians, but things have changed.....there's a sense of urgency now that wasn't generally present before this most recent round of protests started.

at46

Post by at46 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:38 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:27 pm
As my income has virtually disappeared due to this situation, have had plenty of time to analyse , so produced this Mickey Mouse chart.
Haven't managed to find a place for the Jeovah's Witnesses, Scientologists or the Illuminati yet..... :D
Clipboard5.jpg
What's the point of unseating the government?