chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:39 am

41southchile wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:32 am
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:17 am
But they do, my Chilean wife even sometimes with me in presence (those that know I'm not a "poor" "uneducated" bad skin color - will not that bad a color - foreigner) have heard it but not to the candor and extreme of the comments.

Doubt any extranjero by themselves would hear such by the naturally passive-aggressive inscrutable Chileans especially with "education" (manners).

BTW, Santiago flaites, I have personally heard a couple of times of chino go back home or chino mierda/culiao and this was more than a decade back so I assume the sentiment against "undesirable" foreigners is worse now.

Ridicule, downplay, ignore or dismiss it with your solo blanco "inclusive" first-world POV as much as you want as it won't change the developing reality here in Chile.
Oh dont you worry I will continue to ignore and or dismiss it.
You seem to have your own particular POV then, and I guess I have my own blanco "inclusivo" first world one 🤔 Which I guess is only natural as everyone's world is subjective , living out our own particular lives trapped in our own brains "reality " , laughably confident we are experiencing the world as it really is .
Oh and btw if you insist on continuing to make assumptions about my character/situation , I’ll advise you only this: assume you will always be wrong.
In the heat of typing, I got carried away with some adjectives which I now assume are all wrong.

Salud.
There are two ways to be fooled.

One is to believe what isn't true;

the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

- Søren Kierkegaard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:47 am

I get the squeaky wheel thing on online comments (i really get it); but, what I like to watch is the general trend.

The left and the right in chile have plenty of squeaky wheels, and for the last 30+ years the left was particularly squeaky. what is interesting is how the left, including the usual political suspects, are getting quieter on the subject. less pro-immigration. less pro-maduro chit chat. etc.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

snobrd4life

Post by snobrd4life » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:52 pm

I find it funny that considering all the worries about the economy and specifically, the unemployment rate, the biggest initiatives that the left is pushing right now is decreasing the number of weekly working hours per worker. Even on the local news reports on TV most Chileans recognize the argument that they are historically not very efficient in actual work output vs time on the clock. It will be interesting to see their arguments as to how they honestly believe that this will do anything to lower the unemployment rate without affecting salaries overall.
ese ruido blanco es una alarma en mis oídos
Not in Chile for now, but still lurking.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:00 pm

I believe that their """logic""" is that businesses will hire more people to cover their deficit in term of hours.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Which is all very rich coming from a communist, Camila Vallejo, that wants everyone to work for free.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:50 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:00 pm
I believe that their """logic""" is that businesses will hire more people to cover their deficit in term of hours.
The chamber of commerce was warning of 170,000 job loss.

Try and stick that round peg in a square hole.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:57 am

It makes no difference, the workers affected will be just as "productive" in 40 hours as they are in 45. And no, businesses will not hire extra staff to compensate, especially as the economy is not doing well. Another electoral bribe attempt from the commies with Piñera & Co jumping on the bandwaggon.
5R3L5N5G.jpg
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:58 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:57 am
It makes no difference, the workers affected will be just as "productive" in 40 hours as they are in 45. And no, businesses will not hire extra staff to compensate, especially as the economy is not doing well. Another electoral bribe attempt from the commies with Piñera & Co jumping on the bandwaggon.
5R3L5N5G.jpg
We teased our employees yesterday. we said, "we are sorry to inform you that you must now all work 41 hours a week, due to the new labour law". :lol:

We have always run a 40 hour or less per week. We do it simply because productivity starts crashing, and number of errors go up, after about 35 hours. Over working employees costs us more than it saves us; beyond we simply don't want to have to work around a bunch of tired unhappy people ourselves.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:45 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:39 am
41southchile wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:32 am
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:17 am
But they do, my Chilean wife even sometimes with me in presence (those that know I'm not a "poor" "uneducated" bad skin color - will not that bad a color - foreigner) have heard it but not to the candor and extreme of the comments.

Doubt any extranjero by themselves would hear such by the naturally passive-aggressive inscrutable Chileans especially with "education" (manners).

BTW, Santiago flaites, I have personally heard a couple of times of chino go back home or chino mierda/culiao and this was more than a decade back so I assume the sentiment against "undesirable" foreigners is worse now.

Ridicule, downplay, ignore or dismiss it with your solo blanco "inclusive" first-world POV as much as you want as it won't change the developing reality here in Chile.
Oh dont you worry I will continue to ignore and or dismiss it.
You seem to have your own particular POV then, and I guess I have my own blanco "inclusivo" first world one 🤔 Which I guess is only natural as everyone's world is subjective , living out our own particular lives trapped in our own brains "reality " , laughably confident we are experiencing the world as it really is .
Oh and btw if you insist on continuing to make assumptions about my character/situation , I’ll advise you only this: assume you will always be wrong.
In the heat of typing, I got carried away with some adjectives which I now assume are all wrong.

Salud.
That's cool, truth be known, not all of them are wrong. It is what it is.
Salud
I can't decide for you. You'll have to make up your own mind.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:52 pm

so this is a spooky poll from Venezuela. they believe something like 4.7 million to 6 million Venezuelans, almost 20% of population, has left Venezuela.

42% of the respondents plan to leave Venezuela, up from 37%.

top destination where they plan to go?

Chile

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/nation ... 47387.html

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 am

here is an interesting study, regarding the amount of money immigrants send home and some other stats regarding their plans.

https://www.latercera.com/que-pasa/noti ... is/775660/

I have some very serious reservations about the accuracy of this study.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:41 am

well, here is stunning number of false employment contracts so far this year. almost 89%, are haitens.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... aria.shtml