Getting a Chilean Driving License

General topics related to Living in Chile
Space Cat

Re: Getting a Chilean Driving License

Post by Space Cat » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:05 pm

You are not contributing to the thread with this empty rhetoric. If you have some occult knowledge, then share it and dozens of future readers will avoid my problem. Otherwise it’s just the usual boasting.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:42 pm

Space Cat wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:05 pm
You are not contributing to the thread with this empty rhetoric. If you have some occult knowledge, then share it and dozens of future readers will avoid my problem. Otherwise it’s just the usual boasting.
I have done it more than twice. ( Occult knowledge?) Your problem is that you are not paying attention and only "listen" to the advice of the "Gents Club". So now if you want your license, you need to go to school. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:57 pm

So, you don’t have any answers beyond more trolling attempts. FYI I see no shame in going to an exam or even studying in a school. I wanted to do it half a year ago but was too busy and tried a simpler option instead.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:19 pm

My answer has been written. Off course there is no shame going to school for an exam....don't be absurd. More power to you.Read the questions carefully, don't rush to answer and bring a sharpened pencil.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Julito

Post by Julito » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:15 pm

To those who´ve done the driving license exam, how much of this 165 page instruction book do I need to study? Much of it is dedicated to explaining how a car works, physiology, driver responsibilities etc etc. to new inexperienced drivers. Or does the exam focus only on the rules of the road?

http://www.mtt.gob.cl/wp-content/upload ... ndbook.pdf

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Julito wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:15 pm
To those who´ve done the driving license exam, how much of this 165 page instruction book do I need to study? Much of it is dedicated to explaining how a car works, physiology, driver responsibilities etc etc. to new inexperienced drivers. Or does the exam focus only on the rules of the road?

Most of it, the questions can include everything you mentioned and even calculation of breaking distances. Check this questionary, it's quite close to the real exam's content: http://www.nunoa.cl/images/pdf/transito ... lase_b.pdf

Julito

Post by Julito » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Thanks for that, though reading through the various threads on the subject it seems I´ll have to jump through alot of hoops before arriving there.
The head of the local traffic office gave instructions this morning which would´ve sent me on a wild goose chase to Santiago given other members experiences in following similar instructions.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Julito wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:15 pm

There is a website or two with practice exams that contain all the possible questions that could be asked, literally word for word the same. Do them a couple of times until you feel comfortable and then take the test. It is really quite easy if you are an experienced driver.

Julito

Post by Julito » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Thanks, can you point me to them?

at46

Post by at46 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:43 pm

Julito wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:12 pm
Thanks, can you point me to them?
https://www.educacionvial.cl/examen-interactivo.html

Julito

Post by Julito » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:50 pm

Excellent at46, that´s very user friendly.

ghibli

Post by ghibli » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:30 pm

Julito - do that practice exam two or three times and you should be fine. You can take the exam in english. It is multiple choice. Many of the questions include photos of streets with vehicles and what have you. You are to state what is the correct behavior. Just take your time and make sure you understand the question. Some times they throw in a curve ball. The reflexes tests are a trip! You need to really! jump on the brakes.

Good luck.

New topic. I took your advice regarding the mulch for my fruit trees which are looking much better. Thanks!