Nico's Pizza

All topics related to food in Chile including, Chilean food, expat food favorites, exchanging recipes, where to shop, hard to find foods, substitute ingredients and foods, food quality, restaurants, and more. If you can eat it in Chile, post it here.
Forum rules
No advertising. Please post in the classifieds section.
BillVol

Nico's Pizza

Post by BillVol » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:11 pm

When we lived in Santiago, one of our favorite places to eat out was Nico's Pizza in Providencia. Does anyone remember this place? They had a crust kind of like a pan pizza from Pizza Hut, but a lot better. My brother and I used to like going outside and looking into the room where they had the crusts rising before cooking. My mom developed a taste for Hawaiian pizza here with pineapple and ham.

Donnybrook

Re: Nico's Pizza

Post by Donnybrook » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:48 pm

What year was it? It doesn't ring a bell but there have been a lot of pizza places come and go. Some of them really good.

BillVol

Post by BillVol » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Around '73. I guess Chile or Stgo has been known for pizza.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:03 pm

Around that time I only remember Pizza Nostra. Providencia was a good deal smaller than it is now.Pizza Nostra is still around but not many places that were around then are now. A financial crisis in the 80s did away with a lot. You should come and check things out.

BillVol

Post by BillVol » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:41 pm

Can't wait to return to Chile!